About the Shilling category

About the Shilling category

Do you have a sweet Youtube channel? Want to get some attention for your stream? Post a thread here, where people looking for a new fascination can find it!

What should go here?

The following categories of threads should certainly be here:

• Threads for the sole purpose of announcing or showcasing new Youtube videos, especially if they are not immediately related to a project or gallery already existing in Projects.
  • Threads announcing streams
  • Announcements of new communities
    • Project discords/discussion sites are exempt from the above, and are welcome to be linked in a regular project thread. Please do not abuse this as a loophole to disguise a general-conversation server as a project server; if you do, the staff may move your thread to Self-Promotion.
  • Artists advertising commissions
    • Note that galleries and showcases can and should remain in Creative. The above only applies to threads whose main purpose is to advertise and collect commissions.

As a more general rule of thumb, your thread belongs in this category if it fulfills at least one of the following:

• It is intended to drive traffic to an external site hosting your content, such as Youtube or Twitch.
  • It is intended to solicit or advertise an exchange of money

Finally, we’d like to ask you to avoid making an excessive number of threads. We’re going to wait and see how things turn out while the new category settles before deciding on a hard and fast rule on what, exactly, that means. In the meantime, if you are making a new thread more than twice a week, you should instead make one thread, and post all your updates there. This especially applies to stream announcements.

3 Likes

While I like the idea of this, I feel like calling it “Shilling” kinda has a negative connotation to it, giving off the impression that posts under this tag aren’t wanted and inherently bad.

1 Like

Maaaan, nobody has a sense of humor these days.

1 Like

Bold of you to say that to me, Citrus, certified funniest man on FEU.

2 Likes