About FE4 Hacking

• Hacking method: Nightmare (I guess)

• Base Game: FE4 (Japanese version)

It’s just a small question about fe4 hacking.
If I want to make an customized version of fe4 with nightmare, can I use an English translation patch on the customized rom (after the changes) or can I just use nightmare on an already translated version of the game ?

Due to how nightmare actually works, it should be just fine to apply to english patch. However, Id recommend trying both and making some back ups justtttt in case.

I have another question, where can i change the enemies/boss skills ?
The “enemy editor” modules don’t offer this option.
And boss aren’t in the “character editor” module.

You would have to edit the class itself to do so if im not mistaken, only important enemies notably holy blood users have seperate sections for skills and such. I could be wrong though its been a while.

Ok, I’ll see that later.

But what about events items like the pursuit ring and Finn’s brave lance?

edit the items themselves

each obtainable item in FE4 is its own entry for inheritance purposes

there is a list of all obtainable items

The “Holy character” module?

But for Finn’s Brave Lance, for example, there’s only one copy of it.
Being this one:
Brave Lance screenshot
And Arden’s pursuit ring cannot be something else than a ring:
pursuit ring screenshot

No, you got it wrong. Use the Player Weapon editor on Nightmare. In there are each and every obtainable weapon. However, as it does not specify what is obtained where, you need to be careful. Some items, like the Pursuit Ring, have only one obtainable copy in the game; if you find it, you know that it is the item being edited. Others, you need to check their source to be sure you are editing the right copy; there are 6 Iron Swords in the game for instance, but you need to check who has what to know which sword to edit; Alec has the first one on the list, the second one is used by Ethlyn in Ch5 and passed onto Leif, the third is Arden’s, the fourth is Dew’s, the fifth is Delmud/Tristan’s and the sixth is Nanna/Janne’s.

Kind of complicated.
If I replace the pursuit ring in the player weapon editor by something else, would I still be able to equip someone with the ring?
And if the same item (like the multiple iron sword you mentioned) is equiped by multiple characters, what would happened?