A message to the community

Hi!

Twitter is going to die or so it seems. Because of that, I write a “Love letter” to the community in the form of a thread in Twitter before that happens. And I think all of you deserve to know. If this topic is seen as a spam or something like that, I am sorry. I just want you to know how important is your games for me. Thanks!

10 Likes

Ha.
What?
How?
How did we get here?

3 Likes

Twitter isn’t in any danger of dying anytime soon. The people saying so are either trolls, fear mongers, or butthurt journalists that are pissed off they can’t just text Twitter developers anymore to delete and censor things they didn’t like. It’s also worth noting that there is a large amount of people that are pretending to be Twitter developers and making up BS about the state of the site and most Journalists writing about the state of Twitter have no idea what they’re talking about. It really doesn’t take that many people to run a website, let alone develop one.

Unless Musk or some employee intentionally sabotages the site, it isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. And there are loads of developers who would probably love to work on a website like Twitter or with Musk if it came to that, so it’s not like it’ll be hard to replace any of the people who got fired.

It’s insane to me the amount of disinformation being spread on this topic, especially since it seems almost designed to take advantage of the general populaces ignorance on Web Development. There were people seriously saying and believing less than 24 hours ago, as of the time of writing this post, that Twitter would’ve already shut down and no longer been working as of right now. That should clearly tell you all you need to know about how informed some of these people are.

13 Likes

Allegedly some employees who were fired tried to sabotage Twitter before leaving, and as a security measure Musk revoked the access to the offices to all employees, and the offices were closed down.

Here’s were the disinformation began, the fired employees started to say that the company and the servers were shutting down, and as always, people didn’t check the information and believed the fake news.

Mass hysteria ensued, and the panic spread like fire.

Next monday they’re going back to the offices, Musk will grant access to the employees who are willing to continue working.

2 Likes

I mean, we are probably gonna see it crash and chug a bit more, though. lol

I don’t use twitter anymore and it wouldn’t bother me if it went away.
Twitter is full of strange people. lol.
I often think it’s a place where people get into fights and waste nothing but time.

Twitter has no concept of categories or threads, and there is no cooldown to close a thread at 1000.
I think it’s one of the sites where fights are constant because of the way it works and the way it mixes up different opinions.

I do think this is partly a problem with my style, which is to not block strange people when they get involved, and to hit them back when they hit me.
With this style, twitter was really a site that only consumed my time and had nothing useful to offer.
I realized that it was a waste of time, so I decided to quit twitter.

I think twitter is a useful tool if you use it only as a promotional tool for one-sided transmission of your opinions or for following famous people.
I don’t think twitter will disappear right now because someone as rich as Elon Musk can at least bring in a replacement.
I think he probably doesn’t need his current employees.
And if he did need them, he wouldn’t be tightening up the way they are treated, which would rapidly deteriorate their compensation.
If he really needs to cut costs, he can hand out stock options.
So they can benefit when they recover their performance and go public again.
I have not seen any reports of him doing that, so I am thinking that he does not want his current employees.
And I think he wants to get attention and cash in on it by having it in the news every day.

The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.
– Oscar Wilde

10 Likes

This is why I barely touch social media. Takes away from my rom hacking time!

9 Likes

As always 7743 san’s Wisdom knows no bounds

5 Likes

Don’t like to flood this thread but yes , I’m agreed with you 7743, DAT, and Vesly. Social medias aren’t so social places at all, they consumes a lot of time with poorly proposes most of the time, reveals so much of personal data and turn the people that uses it addictive to they. It’s a totally waste of the time you can use for more important things, in places with no toxicity , with no non sense fights, with no fake friends , with no need for likes.
I bless FEU cause this is a place where I can feel good , chill, safe; with friendly, no toxic and respectful people around me sharing the same propose: play, find, share , comment and enjoy FE fanmade content.
So IMO, the “shutdown of Twitter” shouldn’t affect FEU anyway.

2 Likes

We Asian or at least in Vietnam prefer Facebook so…

1 Like

Twitter is not going to die and better hope it doesn’t, i don’t want another exodus of tumblrites to happen again and ruin another platform.

1 Like