Fire Emblem: The Stone Chains

Patch(FE8 USA rom): https://www.dropbox.com/s/zjesj2hje8m7s9i/Stone%20Chains%201.0.ups?dl=0

This is my hacking project over a year old, the rom already has too many changes but they are only at a technical level and some changes in mechanics, and a lot, but seriously a lot of planning process, not currently I have so much time to dedicate but I have things planned until the end. Ideas, suggestions and opinions are accepted.

I take the post to ask something, I do not know what I did to the ROM that crashes when someone fails an attack if the animations are disabled, does anyone know how to fix it or what could it be?

PD: The hackrom is in spanish, but I’m just going to put the first dialogues.

Actual progress

Part 1 - 10/18 chapters
Rin 6/6 (needs dialogues)
Rhoxius 4/6 (need dialogues and rebalance)
Hinako 0/6

Some captures…

7 Likes

Some questions about the Axe Knight in the bottom right screenshot.

1. What alignment are they?
  2. Is that an FE4 map sprite I see? Nice choice.

With alignment you mean that? He is one of the three protagonists, his initial class is cavalier (axes) and promotes to great knight, and yes, is a FE4 Knigth, i added some fe4 map sprites, including Baron, Duke Knigth, Lance knigth, Axe Knigth, Greath Knigth, etc

I forgot the patch but I already added it

I wouldn’t call it a nice choice, given that SNESFE and GBAFE use totally different art styles. It sticks out in a rather bland manner and isn’t shaded in any sort of way like the other sprites are.

Use these instead, they will look way better.

4 Likes

no don’t use that because it’s bwd yeti’s
use one of the million free source ones

nevermind

I just grabbed what I had in my >import to fexna folder lol

2 Likes