Fire Dragon Documentation

I’ve recently been looking into the Fire Dragon animations and trying to figure out how they can be modified. I managed to come across the graphics for the body, as well as its TSA and the fire effect graphics/TSA.

The fire dragon graphic actually has 4 different TSA’s that apply to it, one of which is for the tail, the default frame, a second frame used for the attack, and one for the death animation.

Important offsets can be found below.

***Stuff:*** offset 2DE7E8 is the offset of the dragon body graphics. (tail included, no head)

offset 2E1A30 and 2E2910 are the offsets which contain the animation graphics for the fire dragon head used in the intro. (not the battle animation itself)

offset 2E35CC is the offset of the dragon head graphics used in the death animation

offset 2E4164 is the offset of the fire effect graphic that appears as the dragon spawns

offset 2E4D30 is the offset of the background flame graphics

offset 2E10CC is the location of the TSA for the tail of the body

offset 2E1218 is the location of the TSA for first frame of the body (ie: the default standing frame)

offset 2E14FC is the location of the TSA for the second frame of the body (used in the battle animation)

offset 2E17A4 is the location of the TSA for the death frame

offset 2E4B74 is the location of the TSA for the fire effect graphics used during the intro

offset 2E58BC is the location of the TSA for the background fire graphics

offset 2E4064 contains the palette of the fire dragon head used in the intro

offset 2E4084 contains the palette of the fire dragon head battle sprite

offset 2E104C contains one of the wing flashing palettes

offset 2E102C has another wing flashing palette

offset 2E100C is the last (I think) wing blinking palette

offset 2E0FEC is the palette of the fire dragon body itself

offset 64E50 contains a pointer to the graphics of the dragon body

offset 650F0 contains the pointer to the the first (default) frame of the dragon body

offset 64E58 has a pointer to the tail TSA

offset 650F0 has a pointer to the first frame of the body (Intro only)

offset 65308 contains a pointer to the TSA of the body’s first frame

offset BD9528 has a pointer to the TSA of the body’s first frame during battle

offset BD952C has a pointer to the TSA of the body’s second frame during battle

offset 64E58 has a pointer to the TSA of the tail (used in the intro)

2 Likes

Interesting stuff. I always wanted to mess with the Fire Dragon but lacked the knowledge to do so. Actually, I only didn’t know how to find the TSA. How did you find it?

oh nice! you found the stuff! how did you do it?

It was literally right next to the fire dragon’s body. Scrolling through the images on gbage and you see them pop up as weird and unidentifiable graphics. I mostly just followed a hunch and used the offsets of those “images” as the TSA offset for the dragon and it did indeed work.

@Ghast: scrolling through gbage/messing with pointers.

TSA offsets can be viewed through the image viewer? That’s actually pretty convenient. I wanted to do the same thing for FE6’s Idenn and FE8’s Fomortiis but had no idea how to find the TSA. Time to do some more searching!

I can’t speak for all TSA, but that was the case with the fire dragon.

I found some of the offsets for Idoun (Idenn? Idunn? I don’t know). I couldn’t find them through Gbage so I just used Idoun’s body graphic’s offset as a pointer, searched for it and then searched for nearby pointers. I only have some body pointers as of right now, may get the rest later.

1C1C94- Idoun Body Graphic
1C5AAC- Idoun Body TSA (Battle)
1C4E28- Idoun Body TSA 1
1C5264- Idoun Body TSA 2
1C5688- Idoun Body TSA 3
(Sorry, I don’t know how to do the dropdown lists)

3 Likes