FE Fates Discussion Topic

Not sure what you’re trying to prove, but that’s an isolated instance from a single game in a series that has over ten entries?
And beyond that, it’s not anything beyond a girl wanting her assumed parent to give her comfort, there’s nothing inherently creepy about that, and even if so, it’s just spoken lines and nothing explicit.

So, not sure if srs…

I think you’re reading too much into this. It’s funny, that’s it.

A “mother” -> daughter relationship is also much different than a self-insert stroking the faces of every single one of their comrades. That’s not ‘cute’, that’s serial sexual harassment as a gameplay mechanic goddamnit…

I’m a grown man, I’ve been buying these games for years, and they want me to do what?

2 Likes

Sonia have that appareance and personality because of the context of the story. Nergal created her in that way to make sure Brendan fell in love for her. Also she tricks Nino to manipulate her.
And Camilla was made to… choke you with her tits?

1 Like

I think a good comparison is that Awakening is to Fates what FE6 is to FE7, except better with much more improvements in gameplay, tactical flexibility (Gen 1 units can get new classes from spouses and buddies now for example), and replay-ability. If you liked the gameplay in Awakening, you’ll love Fates as it’s a great improvement. If you didn’t like the gameplay in Awakening because of Nostanking, veteran, or pair-up being OP, you’ll enjoy Conquest the most (it’s the second or third hardest game in the series IMO) since such strategies really don’t exist and it’s a very player phase heavy focused route. If you’re only getting conquest, it might be worth it to start on Normal since the primary reason you’ll likely lose units when you first start playing is due to not being used to the new mechanics.

I’d argue it also has the best handling of harder difficulties in the series as well. FE12 is its only competition.

As a tip for future reference since it doesn’t seem to be mentioned in many places, the level cap of your servants, Jakob and Felicia, isn’t 20 and is instead 40, so don’t think of them as jeigans.

1 Like

Not really. she has a pretty wicked backstory torn to pieces by a die-hard fan of her, and his backstory thoughts fits her.
It’s a spoiler topic, so if you want to know what the heck is Camilla all about, hit me up in pm, and I’ll toss his links along.

Nah, I’ll play the game.

I did wonder about this. Is it Jacob and Felicia only that this applies to?

It applies to one more spoiler character I believe, but I’m not 100% sure about that.

[quote=“Mikey_Seregon, post:230, topic:1452”]
Nah, I’ll play the game.
[/quote]Pretty difficult to get the context by playing games, it’s mostly implied in her supports, so if you’re willing to work through that, you’ll get some glimpse of her backstory.

Edit: After playing the game and you still don’t know the backstory, hit me up if you want to know it. It’ll make your heart withers when you realize few things.

Sounds good. I like both, really. I like playing awakening to try and make the ‘most OP character ever’ and that’s cool, but I also like a classical game as well. I’m not opposed to either.

2 Likes

Those who choose Hoshido are pure souls.
Those who choose Nohr are the evil reincarnated.

What about those who chose to join smash?

4 Likes

Another update about the voices:

It updated with something from one of the VAs that said Nintendo does in fact give them info though

In the video it doesn’t seems like she is being sarcastic (Or I’m bad recognizing sarcasm in english)
Maybe Rena Strober was threatened by Nintendo and she was forced to say that, or the fans started a shitstorm in twitter.

She might’ve been joking then

3 Likes

why is caeldori considered a useless name change? it’s obviously an anagram of cordelia, as matoi is of tiamo…

4 Likes

What was wrong with the “dragon for I love you” part that Kana said? It’s cute and in character, and conveys the same message as the original.