FE Fates Discussion Topic

What is “bend over and bite the pillow” supposed to mean?

He means we’re getting bent over and fucked in the ass. Though I don’t think I’m getting fucked, more like NoA is taking me out to dinner.

1 Like

And Rhajat my son

In slightly related news I picked the SE and n3DS up today and I’m having a blast.

Conquest is hard.

Does the SE come with all the games in one cart? I’m considering importing it and tubehaxing my 3DS but I won’t be able to access the eShop :frowning:

Yes, the SE comes with the 3 routes in the same cart.

–I wonder where you’ll buy the SE, because the scalpers are selling it at $300–

The SE has all 3 on one cart but good luck getting a copy of it since they’re all either sold out or on ebay for a shitload of money.

Conquest is fucking brutal. I’m glad casual is in otherwise I would be hard pressed to even keep an unit alive each chapter… Fuck. lol

This must be a joke… Anybody who has played the localized or patched FE14 can confirm this?

This is the Japanese Saizou - Belka Support

And this is the localized Support

Please, this must be fake…

1 Like

the gameplay for Nohr is really, really, reeaally good. Its extremely well thought out already from what I’ve played. But holy shit nohr’s story is so wack.

[1:58:30 PM] ghasteh: lol
[1:58:34 PM] ghasteh: mikoto the plot device
[1:58:51 PM] ghasteh: people are telling me its not supposed to be impactful and we shouldn’t think it is
[1:59:19 PM] ghasteh: yet kamui goes shonen jrpg super sayan
[1:59:21 PM] ghasteh: because of it
[1:59:35 PM] ghasteh: and we’re purposely not suposed feel like its impactful like what
[1:59:36 PM] ghasteh: also
[1:59:54 PM] ghasteh: here’s another thing
if garonanankos wanted mikoto to die
and kamui’s naivity and goodwill allows him to even enter hoshido in the first place
because magical barrier
then the mystery dude comes in and steals the ganglari
this whole plan depends on kamui making it to hoshido
and having mikoto die
so nohr can invade
does anankos know that the ganglari literally would have killed kamui
if lilith didn’t save him from the chasm
and ruin their plan
because the mystery people have wyvern slayers
[2:00:43 PM] ghasteh: i guess that’s their plan b
[2:00:49 PM] ghasteh: anankos was like
[2:01:01 PM] ghasteh: “oh, shit. let’s keep kamui alive, actually”
[2:01:05 PM] ghasteh: “i have this awesome plan”
[2:01:11 PM] ghasteh: “that i thought of just now”
[2:02:07 PM] ghasteh: me: maybe carrying the anankos sword isn’t a good idea since it literally almost killed you, kamui
kamui: no! its the only sword i have
[2:03:21 PM] ghasteh: i also love
[2:03:49 PM] ghasteh: how now kamui knows his adopted father literally killed his real dad
[2:03:59 PM] ghasteh: and the sword that garon gave him literally killed his mom
[2:04:01 PM] ghasteh: and he’s just like
[2:04:08 PM] ghasteh: “i still need my fathers approval”
[2:04:10 PM] ghasteh: what the fuck
[2:04:45 PM] ghasteh: am i the only one
[2:04:57 PM] ghasteh: who understands how absurdly stupid that premise is
[2:06:29 PM] ghasteh: who in their right mind would join nohr
[2:06:39 PM] ghasteh: and work for the guy
[2:06:43 PM] ghasteh: who killed both your parents
[2:06:49 PM] ghasteh: out of literally being a giant asshole
[2:07:17 PM] ghasteh: and invade the country, of the people who tried to get you to learn the truth

3 Likes

continuing on my thoughts
[2:19:18 PM] ghasteh: if anything
[2:19:23 PM] ghasteh: aqua being taken makes sense
[2:19:25 PM] ghasteh: because its like
[2:19:28 PM] ghasteh: hey fuck you garon
[2:19:36 PM] ghasteh: an eye for an eye
[2:19:39 PM] ghasteh: you cocksucker
[2:23:44 PM] ghasteh: kamui’s sense of justice if fucking warped, naive and borderline sociopathic
[2:24:34 PM] ghasteh: seriously fuck kamui in nohr
[2:24:48 PM] ghasteh: MU is such a dumb fucking mechanic
[2:25:04 PM] ghasteh: Do it like fe12 did it
[2:25:26 PM | Edited 2:27:28 PM] ghasteh: if aqua follows the MU no matter what
[2:25:29 PM] ghasteh: make HER the MU
[2:25:40 PM] ghasteh: and have her side with like
[2:25:50 PM] ghasteh: Leo as the main character for nohr
[2:25:56 PM | Edited 2:26:03 PM] ghasteh: and kamui as the main character for hoshido
[2:26:15 PM] ghasteh: since leo is the most normal and pragmatic character in conquest
[2:26:23 PM] ghasteh: boom
[2:26:27 PM] ghasteh: im a fucking genius

a mounted mage lord or a manakete lord, and you are the bard class right off the bat.
two unique lord classes. bang bang

3 Likes

yeah that’s probably the most bullshit change I’ve seen so far

Although it might be an error because the rest of their supports actually have talking and shit

Conquest’s plot is absurdly stupid but the gameplay is so damn good.

Kamui being a fucking idiot in Nohr does take away from the game a bit though

Finished revelation route. #where mikoto dlc IS.

And here’s the reason why we have a mediocre localization:

1 Like

Ugh, I wish this forum got more activity outside of this topic…

In keeping the ball rolling, however…
I’m an avid fan of a game called Lux Pain, after playing it however I’ve come to the point where I earnestly believe I’ll never find a worse “official/pseudo-official” translation. If a translator wants to take a few liberties, fine with them as long as 1, it doesn’t detract from the story in a negative way. 2, it doesn’t detract from characterization in a negative way.

Fates never really seemed to do either and I couldn’t be fucked less about the whole thing.
You people complain so much about your petting, “they’re taking out parts of the game, blah blah”. Just shut up, at least find a good game to fucking make your stand upon, jeez.

I’m a tired and angry old man…

2 Likes

Half of the things Torrential Downpour is against aren’t even true.

2 Likes

^this

i’ve never hated a lord as much as i hate kamui. Nohr!Kamui has to be the most awful lord in the franchise. oh my fucking god. he’s morally reprehensible and should be shot on sight.
i fucking hate kamui. The writers should be fired. They did a fucking terrible job.

1 Like

He just makes terrible decision after terrible decision, even in Birthright.

By the way, I started playing Birthright on Hard mode. I would equate the difficulty to somewhere around Roy HM… challenging, but not impossible, especially without grinding.

2 Likes

Birthright Kamui is only slightly better, but still bad.

Like, pretty much everything else is okay, but Kamui is such a fucking dumbass that it detracts from everything else.

[Spoiler=Minor Conquest spoilers]Oh my “dad” tried to have me killed multiple times but it’s okay I’ll earn his respect eventually[/spoiler]