Crazycolorz5's Dump of ASM Crap

FE7 or FE8?

FE8. I didnā€™t notice there were two versions. I thought it was only available for FE8.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92273434/FE%20Hacking%2C%20Public%20Files/Renewal%2C%20Soothing%20Sword/Patch_For_sniper_zero.ups
Here, built it for you using free space at BFFFA0.

Wow, thanks!! Can I clarify a few things? 0x40 is the unused knight weapon triangle ability, right? So renewal is character specific rather than class specific, yes? And if applied as is, the weapons with the soothing sword effect will also be locked, right?

And if ever I decide to play around with it, what line of code do I need to change to make the recovery 20% rather than 10%? Iā€™m a complete noob when it comes to these kinds of things.

BFFFC0, do the two bytes there have a 0A? If so, change that to a 14. If not, Iā€™ll take a look at it at some later time when Iā€™m not trying to do 3 things at once.

Yes, should be used with Vennoā€™s weapon array thing, but I can modify what ability it uses. The abilities are shared between class and character. So you can set it for both class and character.

I got to try it out. Iā€™m sure I used a clean ROM and before I got to do any edits with nightmare, the game just sort of freezes at the prologue. Music still plays but the cursor disappears. I also tried looking at the address you gave but there didnā€™t seem to be two 0As. I couldnā€™t find any in fact. I donā€™t know if it has anything to do with it but NUPS keeps on saying the clean ROM is an invalid file when I patch it.

Lol maybe because I accidentally built it on FE7ā€¦ Oops. One moment.

Edit: Okay, same link as before. To change the Renewal percent, change BFFFBE from 0A to whatever you want in hex. E.g. 20 is 0x14.

Iā€™m sorry to bother you again. I think this time the patch is right. I saw 0A at the offset you gave but sadly the same problem still persists. The cursor disappears and the game freezes except for music. Iā€™m starting to think it might be the offset I gave you :frowning:

EDIT: I tried copying the hex to a different part of the ROM. It fixes the freezing part but it doesnā€™t do anything even when I gave the class and character the 0x40 ability.

Thatā€™s because you need to repoint the first few routines to call the new oneā€¦ Gimme your rom(in a pm) and Iā€™ll determine if where you gave me is free spaceā€¦

I sent you the PM. Sorry it took so long.

[Just thought you guys might want to see what my dropbox page looks like][1].
[1]:https://www.dropbox.com/s/vlfpxi919kzsofu/Screenshot%202014-09-11%2003.07.41.png?dl=0

ā€œASPD for Dancer_Aā€
iā€™m trying to figure out what that means haha

Thatā€™s the thing you asked me to do that I havenā€™t done and actually forgot about until you prompted me so.

ā€¦!
Ah okay, now I know what it is.
Itā€™s not super important regardless, so take however long you want to tbh

Could I ask for an FE7 patch for this effect? I have free space at 0xBE0460.

Oh, crap I read this and forgot about it. I assume you still want it, right?

Yeah.

Iā€™ve reverted from Vennoā€™s weapon lock system, though, because it wasnā€™t working completely properly and the default engine has enough weapon locks for me to work with. If I use weapon ability 3 0x1, which appears to be blank under normal circumstances, would that cause the weapon to be locked? Iā€™m not interested in applying the renewal effect to classes, only weapons.

Also, is it possible to get this effect to work on an item instead of an equipped weapon?

(By the way, what is the difference between renewal and soothing sword? Do they recover different amounts of HP, or does one of them restore status, or are they different names depending on whether the skill is a part of the class/character or weapon?)

Soothing Sword is from FE13, and recovers a set 10HP. Renewal is a certain % that I forgot what I used in coding (10% I think).

Wait, so you want it so that if a character has a certain item with a certain ability in their inventory, they recover 10% hp at the start of a turn?

So at minimum, Iā€™d like the HP restoration effect on an equipped weapon with a certain ability. If itā€™s not too much trouble, the same effect on an item with a certain ability (like FE4ā€™s Life Ring) would be nice, but not completely necessary.

Given that the default weapon lock engine appears to have some unused bits (like weapon ability 4 0x1), I donā€™t think it should interfere with weapon locks, would it?

Depends on what ability. Can you be more specific on what effect you want when what condition is met on what ability?