Crazycolorz5's Dump of ASM Crap

[Well, I made renewal easily.][1] Now I’ll add soothing weapons :).
[1]:https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjikbtbqc5njn68/Screenshot%202014-07-12%2005.40.53.png

Lookie at what I did~

Pretty nice! Just a word of warning, though - in FE8, Character ability 4 0x1 is the Doesn’t Give Experience ability (also, using weapon ability byte 4 might conflict with my weapon lock hack technically). Character ability 4 0x4 causes Fog of War glitches, as it used to be the Magic Seal ability.

What should I use then? It’s easily changeable.

Ability 3 0x40 is the Knight triangle attack, which isn’t implemented in FE8.
Ability 4 0x40 is the Mani Katti lock, which is unused in vanilla and obsolete with my hack.

As for item abilities, weapon ability 3 0x10,0x20 and 0x40 are all unused.

I’ll yoink the Mani Katti lock and the 0x10 ability then.

An FE7 port of this would be a cool addition to FireShell. Using those obsoleted weapon lock values.

Yep, working on that right now.

Made a “Negate Weapon Triangle” ability hack for FE7. Kinda useless, but helps augment some kind of mirror sword that doesn’t participate in the weapon triangle. (lies) NOT THAT I PLAN TO IMPLEMENT ONE (/lies). Anyway, it’s Weapon Ability 2 0x2.

Made this based on @dancer_A’s request for a Double-WTA ability.

This. is. AWESOME. @Crazycolorz5 , @Venno, you’re great! :smiley:
Thank you very much for this. Shooting you a PM for the implementation

Made a patch to turn the 0xC weapon effect into a cannot double effect. I suppose it’s doable with modular battle, but it’d probably just involve turning your AS to equal your enemy’s after dodge is calculated and that’s not elegant at all, is it? Or you could write to the battle buffer and end the round but only if you’ve already attacked but that’s be difficult. Anyway, enough rambling; check the OP.

I’m not sure this would work in FE8 as it is because there is no IFAF/IFAT command in there. We’ve found a workaround though that involves using a memory slot for these kinds of ASM with conditions. If you’re interested, shoot me a PM! :wink:

would recommend posting a solution publically so this information is available on-demand

Yeah, could you just make a thread under Documentation about this?

Finally got around to testing this out; I haven’t seen any sort of change in weapon triangle(unless I’m applying this all wrong, which is possible).

Could I have a rom and save? (lol too lazy to patch it in myself and edit in nightmare :P)

Fixed a bug in the reaver/double wta patch. Links remain as they were before. If you just want to reintall the changed part, it was the B dump that was changed.

Fixed another typo in the code (this time in the A part). I’m really bad at this, aren’t I?

1 Like

There’s some free space at BFFF9F. There’s enough space to have the hack implemented there, I believe.