What are your thoughts about the FE8 Skill System?

At this point, based on the amount of insane stuff that comes with Skill System, it seems like an almost-necessary addition for FE8 hacks. If your hack doesn’t have Skill System, there should be a strong reason for it.

On my end I had a conflicting patch for something I REALLY wanted.

Exactly

One thing I want to think about is what kinds of skills are best when designing a game. What skills create interesting strategic scenarios? What skills empower the player? Where should certain skills be applied?

Take Proc Skills. Personally, I’m not a fan of them. But it’s specifically annoying on enemies, where Luna and Astra are basically just slightly different crits, and are always annoying to play around. On allies though… it doesn’t really matter if you do extra damage sometimes. So just make these character specific, not class specific, if anything.

Any other thoughts along those lines?

What does this mean
also its Skill System*, no trailing s, reeee

Despite being one of the strongest proponents of always using skill system even without using anything beyond class skills, I disagree. You should always have a reason for using something, otherwise it leads needless bloat.

Cultured: If attacking next to a unit[N]
with Nice Thighs, move again.[N]
-50 hit against units with Nice Thighs.[X]

Skillsystem counts the captured unit as dead instantly, while there appearently is a version that only counts them as dead once they are released. I would assume the diffrence might bring a few problems for some hacks.

Cultured: If attacking next to a unit[N]
with Nice Thighs, move again.[N]
-50 hit against units with Nice Thighs.

We must investigate this further. :face_with_monocle: