Vyland Emblem: Complete English Localization

Very strange. Are you applying it to the original FE3 with no patches already applied, including Japanese Biraku Emblem? This patch has both the hack and translation included, so there’s no need to use it on a Biraku Emblem ROM and it might act weird if you apply it on top of a modified copy.

Yeah, I made sure to patch it onto a clean Japanese FE3 ROM.

Okay I managed to reproduced the behavior in your screenshot, seems like it’s just something that occurs with certain dumps. I would just try out some different ROMs. I’ll try to figure out what causes this to happen, but in the meantime, obviously telling you where to find them illegal but I’ll provide the filenames of the dumps that did and didn’t work for me.

The one that worked was Fire_Emblem_-_Monshou_no_Nazo_Japan_Rev_1.sfc

The one that had this glitch was Fire Emblem - Monsyo no Nazo (V1.1) (J).fig
(which is weird, 'cuz that’s the one I initially tested it on and it was fine before… lol.)

does the hack change the growths?

Growths are kept the same with a couple exceptions, like Wolf and Sedgar in Book 1.

I see, thanks for clarifying it

Imperial Locker: I left this reference untouched in hopes as an avid DQ9 player that maybe there’s one or two people on the planet who WILL get this, but the Imperial Locker is a reference to the Kawasaki Locker, a grotto (randomly generated dungeon) map in Dragon Quest 9 with a lot of high-rank chests that can be RNG manipulated to give out nearly any good item in the game.

I am an avid DQ9 player and I’ve still never heard about this. Granted I never went to an event for the game or anything, but I’ve searched up both grotto stuff and RNG manipulation many times before and never found it.

1 Like

The hack freezes on The beginning of book 1 chapter 1. Im playing in mobile using Snes9x EX+

the evil marth is really edgy
even edgier than kelik

also
warning: this hack contains gay joke, pedo ,misogynistic (and NSFW iirc) content, play for your own risk

That seemed to fix the error, I got a new rom and it works fine now. Thank you!

2 Likes

Glad to hear it!

1 Like

Yeah unfortunately I can only ensure that it’ll work on the most common Windows emulators and I can’t really vouch for emus on other systems like mobile, frontends, etc. Sorry!

1 Like

He’s Juliuspilled

1 Like

All I can say is I applaud this insane amount of effort dedicated towards…. whatever we want to call Vyland Emblem.

Also loved reading the doc with explaining changes!

2 Likes

Lol I can’t resist being extra even when it’s something out of left field with a target audience of like 10 people. Thanks!

3 Likes

Err… was this a mistake on your part, or the developer’s?
Huh?
Vyland Emblem003
Hammer is mistakenly called a Devil Axe.

That village needs to be entered by Rickard. The other two things are oversights on my part, I’ll check 'em out. Thanks.

Gave this a try and love it so far, you did a great job. Is there a document with the growth rates and supports by any chance?

There is not but I made one just now to be nice

5 Likes

That’s Phenomenal! Huge thanks dude!

1 Like