Vision Quest Reverse Recruitment [Complete]

Gave this a quick playthrough, blitzed pretty quickly. Storch wasn’t properly replaced in the second to last chapter. Portrait is his but stats/class are Lori’s. Was able to fix with Builder pretty quick so no issue on my end. Figured I’d mention .

1 Like

this is a game about an edgy swordsman bullying a dancer who can’t fight back himself

2 Likes

Thanks for catching that, much appreciated, I hope you enjoyed!

Wow he is pretty busted

1 Like

Oh, additional comment, his replacement is underwhelming, some axe fighter I can’t remember. Maybe the stats went here?

1 Like

Yeah he is unusable

1 Like

Rakkaus has pretty shoddy bases in VQ and is carried by obscene Hard Mode bonuses that bring him up to par. Without those bonuses + coming in at a lower level AND demoted, yeah he’s basically unusable esp compared to Cygnus who joins immediately before him and has HM bonuses while fulfilling the same role.

Meanwhile giving an otherwise good unit the same HM bonuses as Rakkaus, yeah, pretty busted, HM Tien might be the best unit in the RR, nearly capped to start, still usable growths, not terribly high level and already promoted with staves, whats not to love?

Ah, so intentional to replicate the vanilla experience. Understandable.

Well, intentional moreso in that thats just how the maths works out, it wasn’t a deliberate decision for rakkaus to be so bad its just how it turned out when moving him to tiens slot

finally going to have time to play this on friday, any other super op or bad units i should know about? :sweat_smile:

dump all the starting xp on Sigrid, she snowballs very fast and not many of your other units have the greatest growths so they can set up. Cassius is very good as his chickens are an insane level off the bat.

Finally playing this. On Chapter 9, pretty fun! I guess this how RR maybe goes though, holy shit is everyone OP, completely steamrolling with these characters