Variable Level Caps

An ethical thing in programming I truly agree with.

my post can be empty if i want it to discourse

[quote]1
FE8 Class Variable Level Editor by Cam/Venno/Klok
0xB60000
FE8 Class Editor.txt
NULL

Set Level
NEDU
NULL[/quote]

I created a NMM for the FE8 version, if anyone wants to use it. Just copy paste this into a text file after following Venno’s instructions for setting it up, and it will even read the classes off to make things much easier. Make sure to put it in the class/character editor folder for best results.

Do you think you could update/fix the link? I wanted to give it a try, but
the link leads to a 404 error.

thanks for reminding me; it should be updated now

I probably am installing this wrong, as nothing happens for me.
What I am doing is copying and paste-writing the bytes at the given location(0xD50000) from impl.dmp(as well as the impl2.dmp), then writing the level cap at 0xD5C000, but I still end up capping my level at 20 no matter what level I write the cap at. I have a feeling that the “Assemble ARM.bat” file probably does something, but I am not sure what.

the dmp files are meant to be used in conjunction with an assembly patcher

i would recommend hextator’s, or otherwise mine.

Fixed an error in the FE8 version where map battles would give infinite experience and hang the game, also converted to .event format and bundled with a nmm and csv file for easy set up and inline installation.

In FE8, if you use this hack and have a unit join at the max level cap it glitches out.

This solution only works for a flat level cap, as in the max level is the same for every class.
For instance, a flat cap of level 30.

Go to $17EA8 and replace 14 with whatever hex your cap is.

In the case of 30, I’d change 14 to 1E.

2 Likes