The Soundroom: Music Repository

Sorry for leaving people hanging on this, but I’m going to have to back out of any direct role in the new repository. GitHub and Dropbox both don’t work super well on my browsers and I’d rather not just have the folder on my computer for reasons mentioned. I do encourage implementation of my suggestions (organise by instrument map and then by game, with a glossary .txt file at the base folder), but after the technical weirdness I’ve run into and how unexpectedly busy I’ve been the past month, it’s clear that I’m just not the person to be hosting this.

RIP Repo

1 Like

Can you look into integrating it with the broader repo if the current solution isn’t sustainable?

Yeah I just came here to look at this repo… this is not good. The links in the OP are dead. We need a new music repo. The primary repo has 10GB’s free, so integrating all of the music into there is definitely doable. This ‘people pasting links’ system is terrible and exactly the opposite of what a modern repo should be, since links can die, people use different uploaders of varying quality, etc.

Who here, if anyone, has downloaded a majority of the songs in this topic? Collecting all these songs would take eons… and I don’t have that kind of time anymore.

Edit: Did someone happen to save the May 22 folder @anon98251803 posted?

I have a portion of the repo from may 18. I’ll open a dropbox link ASAP.

It should have all of the ones posted in this thread, I think
1 Like

That helps! A good starting block.

The link is up! Should I upload it to the main repo too?

1 Like

Well, you don’t have upload perms so I don’t think you can, but I will. Maybe. I need to look at how it’s setup and read some of Alusq’s thoughts. A reorganization might be in order first.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’d forgotten to save it myself, too.

the MidiShrine Archive link is also dead

Alright, I’m working on some stuff now. I see a lot of users have previews for their songs, which the current repo does not have.

For anyone who has submitted song previews, preferably in mp3, ogg, or a similar format, can you compile those previews into a zip folder and post them here?

Ex: @Pikmin1211 @Sme @SaXor_the_Nobody and anyone else who has such previews. (I don’t have time to read the whole topic, let alone download these songs one by one.

For anyone else, if you can, by all means, please make some previews for your songs if you haven’t and zip them up. We might be able to put the whole music repo on the new website, and even if we can’t, a playable preview in the google drive is doable too.

Edit: Sme and Pikmin gave me theirs on Discord. Sme’s was… work. A lot of work.

I would still like to get anyone else’s previews if possible. This is not something I can do alone, unlike the animation repo.

Update: Music Repo V2: The Music Repository Reloaded (Very WIP) Current Version: 0.2

3 Likes