The Most Iconic Hackrom Characters [2020 poll complete - 11-Jan results live!]

The TLP Lords are all iconic in a memorably corny way.

Granted I haven’t played many other romhacks so call me uncultured trash.

1 Like

I don’t think a poll can handle the weight of a hack whose life has already passed.

Other mentions I consider iconic:
  • Faratras from Midnight Sun
  • Sawyer from Staff of Ages
  • Aderyn from J&P
1 Like

Boleslav from Crimson Arm

If he necessarily counts, Gheb was also very “iconic” for a time, and I’d say it had more in part to due with GhebFE being one of the first complete proto-hacks as opposed to his own canon appearance.

Kelik. I know a lot of people have said Kelik, but there’s no way around it. I’m sorry.

On an unrelated note,

THIS DIVINE LIGHTNING SHALL PIERCE THE SKIES

I tried to think of characters from hacks. I could only think of Kelik, Faratrass, and characters from my hacks. With that in mind, only the former two are truly ‘iconic’ to me. I can think of plenty of hacks I’ve liked, but none of them had original characters or characters with names I could remember.

Daily reminder that Blazer owns this fandom.

8 Likes

Are you going to commission art of the winners?

No.

I’ll tally the totals and share the data.

1 Like

Reminder that the polls close at the end of the month!

3 Likes

We had over 85 submissions to the poll! It’s closed and I will be tallying and sharing the results here soon.

5 Likes

Calling it now:

1. Kelik
  2. Kitozawa
  3. Kelik (again)
2 Likes

10 Likes

Results are in! Remember that if a character was voted in the #1 slot, they earn 5 points, #2 gets 4 points, and so on. This means the ‘most’ iconic in the poll is weighed more heavily.

From reviewing the results, the winner is unsurprising. What surprised me most is how many characters were voted, as there were 74 characters that you all thought were in the top 5 of most iconic characters. Neat stuff.

I did pull out rule-breaking votes, but did not toss out full ballots unless they were all against the rules. Vanilla characters (looking at you, Wolt) were also pulled.

With a sample size of only 85ish ballots, there’s some bias and clear outliers (and plenty of characters with only a single vote, 39/74 characters listed were only voted once in any slot), but I think this paints a picture of some of the community’s best known work.

Here are the Top 20 most iconic hackrom characters, as voted by you! There’s a 4 way tie for 20th.

Game Character TOTAL
The Last Promise Kelik 310
The Last Promise Siegfried 108
The Last Promise Anakin 49
Vision Quest Honeydew 33
Void’s Blitzarre Adventure Void 31
Order of the Crimson Arm Boleslav 31
The Last Promise Shon 30
Midnight Sun Faratrass 27
Staff of Ages Belle 23
Vision Quest Storch 22
The Road to Ruin Vance 20
Dream of Five Garath 17
Bloodlines Dewey 15
Vision Quest Kitozawa 14
Vision Quest Lera 13
Vision Quest Titus 13
The Heroes We Deserve Chester 13
Bloodlines Bram 10
Justice & Pride Luigi 10
Sun God’s Wrath Mikey 9
The Road to Ruin Captain 9
The Last Promise Kevin 9
Dream of Five Renair 9

As promised, you can view the full results here.

Curious to see how this will change in 2021. Thanks again for voting.

25 Likes

That one guy from Elibean Nights got robbed.

1 Like

Smh Wolt is a legend in JP Hack

9 Likes

11 Likes

Ooo Dream of five and Midnight sun? Now those are names i haven’t heard in a while.

1 Like

probably because do5 is long dead and midnight sun isnt a hack anymore

I’m sure this topic will be locked before to long, so I thought I would go ahead and chime in; it is, emblematic that the most iconic character is the cool swordboy who is as infamous as he is ironically loved. Thank you Kelik, you Edgelord who promotes to Legendary Edgemaster, for defining a decade of Romhacking

6 Likes

My Emperor, am I the only one that doesn’t like Kelik? He’s a badly written, generic edgelord.

1 Like

Like him or hate him, you can’t deny that Kelik is iconic.

6 Likes