[Tactile] Staff of Ages (First Tactile release out now!)

Hey look, it’s Mr. Marcus-hair! Now with more fancy armor.

1 Like

11 Likes

Now with 95% less Jerrot/Zealot/however the hell you spell that guy’s name.

1 Like

Wonder what this could be for

6 Likes

I think it’s to recruit generic units clearly

but if that can be a thing so we can see more of those Melia mugs I’m not complaining

2 Likes

The first SoAXNA release is planned for mid-late February. Whatever state the game is in at that point will be how it releases. This release will cover all of Act 1, and we’ll be relying on you to spot anything we missed in testing and obviously to provide feedback in general.

20 Likes

Yay Jank of Ages

3 Likes

Found some totally legit spoilers of the final act

Spoiler

i swear it's legit

(it’s shadowgate NES in case you were curious)

épée directly translate into sword, like a basic one, without anything special, or to categorise a blade without knowing it’s origin (sabers, rapiers, whatever)

Rapière is Rapier

And when it comes to “Fencing”, they use what we call a “fleuret”

Sadly i don’t have a good translation to “fleuret”, but it has the same “look” to a rapier… Except it’s a weapon you’d never use in real combat, because it’s only for fencing, as it bends like crazy, and doesn’t really do any damage …

While a rapier … Well it pierces through some thin armors like butter, so yeah.

I’ve just started playing your romhack recently and as a french guy, i just went like “WTF” when i saw the sword of “belle” named “sword”… But hey, people and their will to put some French everywhere, i guess …

5 Likes

I’ve heard Fleuret used in English, so I don’t think there’s any strict translation.
The épée is likely referring to the more slim fencing sword which, yeah, you’d never really use in combat, but then Fates also has sticks and radishes so I guess we stopped caring at some point.

6 Likes

Well alright i guess !

It’s probably just the fact that it sounds unique and cool to someone who only speaks English, sort of like how Gleipnir in Sacred Stones just means “Ghost” in German. Consequently, the German version of Sacred Stones names the tome “Phantom”.

Edit: I meant Gespenst.

2 Likes

Are you sure? I haven’t played the German version for ages but I think it’s Gleipnir in German as well.

Sorry, I meant Gespenst.

Ah right, now it makes sense. I was like Gleipnir means ghost, what? :smiley:

Yeah but ‘ghost’ for a tome isn’t surprising, here it’s literally calling the tome , “tome” xD (you say “tome” too in french, by the way)

I can understand the fact it’s kinda “special” for someone not speaking french, but that’s still a bit weird to me ^^

1 Like

Relatively minor update since I’m still looking for that energy to finish the stream of part 1 so I can find issues and fix those which I really need to do soon because that deadline is coming up. But, finally got an icon done for the game, so it won’t be a generic controller or whatever the default is.

4 Likes

thanks, going to steal that idea.

Game icons or streaming yourself playing so you can catch issues