SS ranks in gba fe?

So just out of pure randomness is their anyway to have SS ranks or anyway to mimic it in gba fe?

As I know there’s no Double S in GBA. But i think there are ways to mimic it.
You can set S rank for two classes. Example. Dark Archsage and Holy Archsage. They can have S rank in both, Light and Dark magic. But, you can also set an special S Dark tome THAT can only be used by Dark Archsage.
That is like there are S Dark Tomes but there’s one specifically that it’s consider SS, the one that can only be used but the strongest Dark Magic users.

That’s what I thought about that. Of course. There wouldn’t be any SS mention unless some dialogues about that, but that’s how I imagined it.
I hope you found this helpful
Greets

In truth, the E to S is just an aesthetic representation of weapon experience, and weapon experience is what truly matters functionally. Weapon experience goes from 0 to 255, with 31 being D, C being 71, B being 121, A being 181 and S being 251. So even in the vanilla system, there’s still room for 4 more weapon experience after reaching S.
If you make a weapon that requires 32 weapon experience, units with 31 weapon experience won’t be able to use the weapon even though both will be displayed as D level. So, if you don’t care about this aesthetic, that’s a non-issue. If you do, you’d have to edit the displays to show weapon experience rather than level.

The functional problem you’d have with this is that weapon experience can’t go above what is specified as S rank. So even if you manually set a unit’s weapon experience to more than 251, after combat it will go back to 251. I haven’t looked at the routine that does this, but it sounds like it’d be a simple matter of editing/negating a branch, so it’d probably be a good introduction to ASM if you’re really interested in doing so.

1 Like

Is there a possibility to change the displayed Latter and make it from D to SS
Instead of E to S ?
That could help too imo

1 Like

Well you can, but that doesn’t create a new rank like what is being asked.

EDIT: I ended up taking a quick look at this, it wasn’t as obvious to me as I thought it’d be, otherwise I’d have done it and made a patch, but to save some work to anyone interested:

The intruction that does it is at 0x2C292, which takes the result of 0x2C0B4 GetBattleNewWExp. In GetBattleNewWExp you see the values 0xFA (250) and 0xFB (251, level S) several times that are used to branch and prevent going beyond them.

1 Like

There’s an FE Builder patch called WeaponRankEX that allows you to have up to 14 different weapon ranks for a single weapon

2 Likes