Sme’s ASM and Miscellany

i tried doing this (using thel heal staff as a base) but the instant i try to revive seth in the prologue the game freezes and crashes. Is this happening because i only installed the event files and not the asm one?

When you install the even file through Insert with EA, it creates a sym file. Open that with notepad, and the values there are what you have to put in IER

1 Like

thank you, it worked. Tho i do wonder if there’s a way to get the aum staff to work in fe7

1 Like

The patch is made for FE8U. You could TRY to use it on an FE7 ROM, but it’s not guaranteed to work. You should just use FE8

Thanks for the awesome resources! In regards to the Magic Sword Rework, is there a version that also negates crit when using the magic sword at range?

Excuse me, Starting Options Menu An error occurred while typing, and the code is as follows。
Finished.
9 errors encountered:
File StartingOptionsMenu.event, Line 22, Column 1: Symbol FIXED_GROWTHS_FLAG_ID isn’t in scope
File StartingOptionsMenu.event, Line 24, Column 1: Symbol Enable1RNFlag isn’t in scope
File StartingOptionsMenu.event, Line 26, Column 1: Symbol EnableFatesRNFlag isn’t in scope
File StartingOptionsMenu.event, Line 28, Column 1: Symbol EnableEvilRNFlag isn’t in scope
File StartingOptionsMenu.event, Line 30, Column 1: Symbol EnablePerfectHitFlag isn’t in scope
File StartingOptionsMenu.event, Line 32, Column 1: Symbol EnableNiceRNGFlag isn’t in scope
File StartingOptionsMenu.event, Line 34, Column 1: Symbol EnableCoinTossRNGFlag isn’t in scope
File StartingOptionsMenu.event, Line 36, Column 1: Symbol ZeroGrowthsFlag isn’t in scope
File StartingOptionsMenu.event, Line 38, Column 1: Symbol PerfectGrowthsFlag isn’t in scope

Seeking a solution to this problem

You’re missing dependencies

What dependencies are needed for normal use?

Post must be at least 5 characters

I have successfully installed both of these parts, just like RN By Flag More and Growths Options It can be installed successfully, but Starting Options Menu This installation failed, I haven’t touched anything with the code What is missing from the project I want to rely on?
Can you please tell me how I should do it?

These are intended to be installed all at once as a part of a buildfile; in that scenario, symbols defined by other patches are available to be referenced by Starting Options Menu. If you look at the lines that error here:

These are the symbols that aren’t defined when installing this by itself, all of them being definitions for flag IDs for each of the features. There are 3 ways you can correct this:

• Replace the definitions with their values in the Starting Options Menu installer. The values to replace them with are the values they were defined as in the other installers you used previously.

• Add the definitions to the Starting Options Menu installer. For this you would copy the definitions themselves from the other installers and put them at the top of this file.

• Install all dependencies at the same time as Starting Options Menu. Make a new .event file that includes each of the installers for this and its dependencies. Note that because of how definitions work, Starting Options Menu must be included last.

Thank you, it’s resolved. I’ll take my time to tinker with it,

Do you think this idea could be expanded to make a terrain that boosts the range of certain weapons? Specifically magic and bows? I’m thinking sort of a “watch tower” terrain

Bowrange+1 and the magic equivalent already exist. just replace the skilltester call with a check if unit is on terrain

Huh? How can I do that?

Range skills have a thing where the skill check is built in to the parent loop rather than in each individual function, set the skill ID to 0 and the function will always run. Check in the function for terrain at current position and boost range if desired. Its an entirely disconnected system from fog vision range

1 Like

Hi, I’m new to all this fancy ASM stuff. I imagine I need to download Event Assembler to get them to work in Builder?

4 Likes