QoL patched FE7

Does anyone know if there is a fan patched project, or a patch in FEBuilder, that adds the double dash bonus disc content either organically to FE7 Lyn and Eliwood/Hector mode, or drops the items into your inventory like connection to a Gamecube with the advance cable would do in ye olde analogue days?

Ideally, if a project currently exists with other Quality of Life patches as well, I would appreciate it, otherwise I can handle that myself

Don’t think so, but there’s a Gameshark save on Gamefaqs that has the transfer data in it, as well as full sound test and other unlocks.

1 Like

Yo, while I couldn’t get the Gamecube items in, I did make a whole QoL patch, complete with easily downloadable .rar/.zip format.
Also a secret, because I just can’t help myself, but yeah, if you do figure it out, that’d be cool.
Link:

1 Like

The Double Dash bonus disc actually doesn’t drop the items into your inventory directly when you use it, it unlocks a menu from which you can choose what items to claim and whether to send them to the convoy or the lord’s inventory, and is reusable between save files. Both the unlock state and the item IDs of the Double Dash bonus items are stored in the save file and set by the bonus disc when you link with it, so as such adding them through a patch is nontrivial; you can unlock the menu with a simple patch, but it will be empty if you don’t also populate the save file. This is a thread on how the bonus items work, including a quite verbose tutorial on how to add bonus content:

The long and short of it is, you can copy a section near the end of the save file from a save with the content and paste it at the same place in your save file to unlock it.
If one were to implement unlocking this as a patch, the ideal place to hook into would be the area where the game initializes a fresh save file if the save header isn’t correct, which should be handled in the function called during startup at 0x809E408 in FE7U

1 Like

Thank You! I’ll look through the documentation to see if that is a Builder configurable patch I can create, otherwise, I will use the save edit method for a pre-hacked rom.

I appreciate the help and the information!

1 Like