Pretsel's Pantry

oh yeah and have the timelapses
these are fun to look at

twitter mae timelapse
twitter Perkus timelapse

23 Likes

hair and armor shading/reflexes on both mugs are 100/10 dude :+1:

1 Like

Great job, my man!

1 Like

keep the monster love comin boys!!

quack

image


Quaxly lmao

29 Likes

a mad god has given me a vision while i was studying calculus

image

i cant believe i brought back Cosimo for this

20 Likes

heya
i’m currently dying to college

Tried to do something short, a practice or study of something. Took much longer than that lmao


image
Here’s a revamp(?, remaster? Redo? Re something) of an old f2u/f2e splice I made back then.

behold a comparison
image
it was supposed to be armour practice to see if i improved on armour, something I consider my weakpoint. It was fun turning off the brain and just sketch out the details, although I sketched them out before I began making a proper base shape of the armour so it took a while to redo and finalize

Variants:
image
(Left to right)
Clean, Rugged, Battle Scarred, Veteran

Might revisit the last 2 in the future to give them proper frames

Desert Tile

Found colour alts!
image

Did colour swaps for the fun of it, most of these were colour picked from other portraits with small adjustments and others are made by Feier and Blade, theyre pretty

although dont use these, these dont use the updated portrait i did some new edits after i made the colours alts im too tired to redo that lmao


Here’s the frames!
image
Rugged Frames
image
Clean Frames

These are f2u/f2e as long as you credit me.


It’s been a while since i made a f2u asset lmao

29 Likes

“Looks like we got trouble.”
“What’s the matter, sir?”
“Stacy, call the FBI.”
“…is it really that bad?”
“We’ve got a case of shading over shading inside a shading that’s been shaded, and inside that shading there’s another shading with pixels that resemble a pretzel.”

seriously though, that’s some top tier armor decorations you got there dude.
there’s absolutely nothing wrong with those.

4 Likes

look more colour slots is fun i did not commit a crime

thanks! Really I just sketched out patterns until i landed on one that I liked lmao

also i wanted to satisfy my urge of overdecorating armour so i used my old stuff as a guinea pig

2 Likes

doobles
image

12 Likes

How do you conceptualize pauldrons like that? Like, I struggle so hard with pauldrons. And with any flat plane that curves for that matter

well, i too struggle with conceptualization
so i go to pinterest or twitter etc. and find references in my spare time then browse them when i need an idea of one then sketch out what i wanna try out by combining different aspects of different references

then i try to get a grasp of how its shaped so i can shade it properly like sketching it out (very messy sketches in my case) and then referencing how its shaded in x angle, x material, x perspective, etc.


tl;dr, lots of trial and errors and references usually

That said, I’m still an amateur so you’ll probably get a better hang of it when you do some art studies

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

another man of culture, i see.

*said the guy that draws and shades like a pro graphic designer

ahahah…ah…nope, you’re not.

2 Likes

pinterest is such a deep deep hole of references that I didnt use it back then

But now that im distracted by my phone almost all the time, I can at least get distracted by looking at pinterest

I mean, i really am :sweat_smile:, but thank you for thinking of it that way

3 Likes

Dude, this mug is fire! You’ve really grown in skill since I last checked this thread :eyes: (and you were good before lol)

1 Like

ffffff- heck i forgot about my feu thread uhhhhh

oh god its 3am

here’s a sprite dump:

image image image image

They are (from left to right)
New self insert portrait; fan art of Buskhusker’s oc, Isabelle; a halfbody commission for Dancer; & a Genshin Impact fanart that idk if I’ll have the time to finish but i really liked how i did her face so i broke and decided to post it rather than let it gather dust


College work suddenly increased so i didnt have the time to multitask my school work and focus on arting. I’m not sure if i’ll have time again this upcoming semester but hey, as long as Im still making stuff from time to time I suppose.

Happy New Year everyone!

cheer

29 Likes

is that…is that a slice of bread behind the glasses? kinda reminds me of this guy:

anyway, pretty good stuff as always.
at first i thought that the half body was related to Tokugawa from Sengoku Basara, guess i was wrong.

3 Likes

yes it is, in fact, a slice of bread behind the glasses

I had a good reference photo for that, you could also say I had a realistic posable model for it too

no i will not elaborate further


Thanks! Yeah that halfbody is reffed off of someone else but the character you mentioned looks really close to the ref lmao

3 Likes

Life has been busy okay

…Heya! It’s been a while since I last posted. uhhh something something college



Barbershop’s open again. As a unprofessionally untrained barber, I’d say I did my job.
Its certainly a job, unsure how to describe that job.


Have some comms that I’ve done in the past couple years that I can share (NOT F2U/F2E):
imageimageimage


Here’s a mug I made from an old draft for a character submission in the Embrace of the Fog project. F2U/F2E as long as you credit me
image

man’s gone through rough times, satisfied my itch for making a war-scarred veteran though, so it was fun
image


here’s some misc. stuff that I’ve also made:
image
Fanart of Nyandola from an upcoming game called Ratatan

image
Updated my catsona meant for Cafe Dot before i started becoming inactive due to life

image

An attempt at a landscape piece for my art class, based off of one of my photos I took during my family vacations.

29 Likes

ooo also forgot

updated the Barbara full body
image

20 Likes