Before you play:
- Item/skill icons for new content use default assets as a placeholder
- The learned spells can go to the convoy but I intend on overhauling that system after porting to LT’s BEEG update
- Hack bad
- That’s it I guess
(I’m too lazy to update the rest of the OP so some of the info below may be outdated)
Hey all, Chair here with a new project in the works.
You may have seen the FEE3 video for THWD3. A fair bit has changed since then, notably the transition to the LT engine. I’ve got the first chapter ported with a few tweaks (notably reducing the enemy density).
Here’s what I have done so far:
- 3 promo options for player units that are all tailored to individual units (i.e. Tristan and Henry are both archers but have different promo options)
- +40 battle/map anims inserted (if you’re familiar with LT, you know my pain)
- ~70 complete/WIP custom tracks made by yours truly, including unique attack themes for player units (11/??)
- A 3H offshoot magic system (casters pick a new spell of two options at level [tier1] 5 and 9 and [tier2] 5 (depending on T2 class, all of which are blatantly stolen from Pathfinder). These spells renew each chapter. Regular tomes/staves are still a thing.
Here’s what I have planned on my end:
- Ten total chapters
- A rotating cast of THWD characters that were randomly scrambled with a new playable unit.
- Multiple win conditions per chapter (with differing rewards)
- Visit rewards based on visiting unit/visiting unit’s class
- Having options for learning skills similar to the magic system
- A complete original soundtrack (in glorious, glorious .ogg format)
The goal is to create an immersive replayable experience with many options.
What I need help with:
- Art: This is my weakest point. I suck at art, and at the same time I’m hella ambitious in that I’d like to overhaul a lot of the vanilla stuff. The spells in the custom magic system don’t have battle anims, but they can have map anims (there’s like 60 of them so far, aaaaaaaaaa) I’d also like to have the character portraits re-outfitted to have modern clothes.
- Engine hacking: @Snakey1 has offered to help out in this department, but if anyone else wants to help him out hit me up!
- Playtesting: This time around I won’t be making public releases until it’s done. Last time I had to deal with people reporting bugs from earlier versions and, even worse, not reporting bugs at all. I’m not going through that again. I’d like to have a small team of playtesters this time around where we create a thinktank regarding design n stuff.
So if you’re artistically inclined, a python wizard, or willing to playtest, hit me up here or drop a PM and I’ll send you an invite to the discord server.
Magic system demo:
Here’s the soundtrack: THWD3 OST
A lot of the songs have dead air at the end because I’m lazy.