Legend of John: Journey of John (CANCELLED)

RIP to the most ambitious sequel of our time. It’s a shame to see yet another ambitious team of devs shut down. you will all be missed and remembered for your legendary work.

2 Likes

press F to pay respects

I hope you two can work something out, maybe by taking a step back from the project for a while you can refresh. I’d hate to see the series end like this after all that boundless and infectious enthusiasm that characterized the first game. If that’s how the chips fall though, thanks for the good times.

2 Likes

I’m genuinely sad this had to end. The John series was a pair of hacks I thoroughly enjoyed playing. In fact, some of the ideas you had for gameplay have inspired me to make a hack like yours as well.

And no, Bilal, you were not being laughed at, you were being laughed with. Perhaps (probably) I just have a very childish sense of humor, but I found the dialogue to be very funny. Even with the relative lack of English skills, something that’s not a problem either; I know quite a few ROM hack creators, who aren’t good at English.

Regardless, I will miss this project, and I wish you the best of luck.
And even if you yourself haven’t realized, you have made something legendary.

4 Likes

I though the 2 Legend of John hacks were actual memes, didnt know they were seriuosly being worked on.

Good luck.

very sad to see the sudden end to the john series. i actually did enjoy the gameplay, and found lingering blood’s dialogue the most entertaining writing i’ve seen in a hack. i fully understand the pain of feeling like your game will, in the words of one of the most iconic scenes in LoJ, never be epic - but always keep in mind that the community, including myself, was very eager to help you out with assets because LoJ was something we all really enjoyed.

i hope you and your brother can work it out. perhaps consider doing a bit of a role swap? you work on the script while your brother helps out with gameplay stuff. best of luck to the both of you.

3 Likes

That… didn’t age well.

Nooo, not journey of john, i unironicly loved this hack.

1 Like

bruh what

Discussed more with my brother. We are never coming back.

I think that we have just been laughed at (for good reason) because the first John is just bad.
I want to apologize for what I said about FEUNIVERSE community in last edit.

I am thinking that my brother just never believed it seriously and I have believed it too seriously, really.
He showed me yesterday he can do better English but he just wanted to have fun and not work too hard on John.

Maybe one day he will go to work on ROMHACK alone, maybe I will do something else. I do not know.
But we are never working together on ROMHACK ever again because of arguments.

I think I am going to try Earthbound projects instead of Fire Emblem. I just feel embarrassed here because I think everybody just laughed at us.

If you are a moderator please delete this POST and other POSTS from our account, I do not know how to do it.

Ok. Good luck on your journey.