Last Heavenly Throne ~ LHT (8 chapters - CANCELLED)

10 Likes

September update! This is gonna be a bit of a messy one.

It’s almost been a year since I started working on this project. That’s… something. I’m a bit sad that I haven’t gotten that much progress done in a full year, but at the same time, I’m sort of happy I’m still working on this hack. Considering all the shx that’s happened over that time, it’s great that I haven’t given up on Last Heavenly Throne. For the foreseeable future, this hack ain’t dead.

As for more positive news… All the dialogue in Last Heavenly Throne has finally been reformatted! The last chunk of it was done just in the last week, compared to the rest which took SIX MONTHS. That feels a little pathetic, but it means I’ve finally got some motivation to start working on new content! Of course, the current state of the project is still a large overhaul of what the current release is, and I’m excited for when I finally have a good amount of progress to update the patch.

Another good thing: Last Heavenly Throne officially has an entry for FEE3! This may or may not correspond with a release depending on how much I can get done beforehand, but I hope everyone can enjoy what’s shown off either way. Ideally I’d like to release all of Part 2 at once, but that might mean a much longer wait for a new patch. I’ll give more information once FEE3 approaches closer, so stay tuned!

I want to leave some visual indication of where this hack is so far, but I don’t really have one on hand right now. Instead, I’ll leave footage of a very incredible glitch I had while working on revisions. Thanks for reading!

16 Likes

Had fun recording the opener for part 2. Excited to see what’s to come.

4 Likes

ultra corrupted footage
and that’s kinda no process tho

:pleading_face:

I didn’t expect to be the second project shown off at FEE3, but it’s a welcome surprise!
See you guys come October 2nd, 6am EST!

8 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, with the advent of Last Heavenly Throne’s FEE3 entry, I figured that a release of Last Heavenly Throne is well overdue. Whether you’re here before, during, or after the entry, I present to you our second release!
Unfortunately, it’s not as long as I would’ve preferred it to be: I’m still dealing with that damn stomach flu >:(
But it’s great to finally have a more up-to-date patch, with the beginning of a new part! The original post has been updated with information on the hack, and the download link has been updated!
The download link can be found up here!

README

There is an option to skip Part 1 at the beginning of the first chapter. I do not recommend doing this. Part 2 is quite short in this release: it is only two chapters. As well, despite being in the first release, Part 1 has undergone a fair overhaul, including a brand new chapter and character, along with many dialogue revisions to make the story flow smoother. Only skip to Part 2 if you truly wish to only experience the beginning of Part 2.

21 Likes

Omg ur amazing

1 Like

Congrats on the release. Project was fun to play for FEE3 and I’m excited for all of the bow cavs and bow armors that will be playable.

4 Likes

That Last Heavenly Throne video was easily one of the best parts of this year FEE3 for me! It looks like an amazing project on all fronts.

6 Likes

I feel like an idiot for not noticing the new post. This is gonna be a must play for me. Hack with cutest girls.

2 Likes

the mages shall end all who cross their path…

1 Like

Hi!
I really enjoyed these first 8 chapters. The kind of difficulty where unless your units grow well they’ll have trouble taking out the enemies, but still having them be worthy opponents, is right around my alley (big Radiant Dawn fan here).

I really liked the music, especially the Battle Preparations theme, Srihwen’s map theme, and “Corbenic Pride”, the latter especially after the shocking ending of 1-F (I beat it a few days ago, and I still think about it on occasion).

I also enjoyed the characters a lot, because they were constantly making an appearance in some scenes, which helped cementing the whole “group” feeling that had come to form by 1-F. The characters from 2-1 and 2-2 also seemed to be heading in the same direction, which was great! Secondary characters consistently appearing like this is the reason I consider the Tellius games my favorites.

The only minor complaints I can come up with are:

• the way the writing seemed to get a little sloppy in some places/sentences, but nevertheless I think you had the hang of it pretty well overall.

• the narration screen: for me it was kind of overwhelming to learn all about the surrondings of the 2-1 and 2-2 chapters via a text box, but still I believe I got the jist of it in both parts, so it’s not that big of a deal.

Thank you for what you have produced so far! Looking forward to any updates :grin:

3 Likes