Is a 'Revival Stone' item possible?

hi! i was just wondering if anyone has ever implemented something along the lines of a revival stone mechanic, or if such a thing would be possible.

basically, what I mean is like an item you can have a character hold which immediately revives them if they would be killed in combat, and is consumed. I understand this is a long shot but i was just curious if anyone has made something along those lines! sorry if its a bad question!

3 Likes

You ask at a good time. While the latest version doesn’t have this mechanic, Souls of the Forest is currently working on an Engage-style revival stone prototype. It works by character instead of holding an item, but that should be relatively easy to change if the code is ever released publicly.

4 Likes

My hack has a character with a personal skill that revives them when they die, once per map. So I’d hazard a guess that what you want is already possible with enough programming.

3 Likes

Vesly made a patch for that as well

3 Likes

My preferred solution is to simply spawn the boss again once they die. That being said, problems arise if the boss is able to move, or be moved, since the coordinates the replacement boss gets spawned at can consequently change. However, if the boss is immobile, all you need to do is spawn another unit at the boss’ coordinates when they die.

2 Likes

Or alternatively, you could use more advanced event commands to always get the current coordinates of the boss

1 Like

thanks! this might be what I’m looking for!

1 Like