Hey guys...I am a new member of this universe. I love playing fe series and i want to make some fe mods myself...can anyone suggest me some applications to do so?

I am a really big fan of fe games. Kindly suggest me some softwares that is used to modify these gba roms.

3 Likes

FEBuilder is the best tool for a beginner.

1 Like

Really it depends on exactly what you want to do. If you want to use your ROM’s engine as is with whatever features FEBuilder has then yes, that would probably be the best way to go. If you want to add engine hacks that FEBuilder doesn’t have, though, then I’ve been told it’s better to use the buildfile method. The buildfile method is easier to debug anyway even if it looks a little daunting.

Welcome!

FEBuilder has a lower barrier to entry, especially if you don’t have a technical background. However, it is less flexible, so it can be more difficult to do custom work.

Buildfiles are more flexible and allow for better version control.

Both methods have their advantages and it depends on what you enjoy doing and how you want to build.

Good luck and feel free to ask questions. There are help channels on the discord as well.

3 Likes

Thanks buddy

1 Like