Ghast's MAKE A FUN CHAPTER IV: Submission #11: Knabepicer

in case the terrain/mountain/0 move armor knight jokes went over your head

Take a wild guess which of these soldiers is meant to be Ethan.
ethan

In hindsight, I’m very glad I made the last-minute choice of having Rissa give you a master seal if you don’t recruit Elliot.

The mage with adept and focus was an accident though, that’s a remnant of the default skillsystem class skills

3 Likes

Still not sure what the point of giving him 100% HP and Lck growth rates and 0% growth rates everywhere else was

iirc it was a joke suggestion from one of my playtesters after they lucked out with Ethan’s original ~30% defense growth, grew a whole bunch of defense, promoted him, and trivialized a portion of the map by letting him tank everything. I thought it could be funny and said “to hell with it, why not?”

1 Like

Best protag yet. deserves the W

2 Likes

Back with more MAFC! this one’s by @GratedShtick

This was a chill experience. nice unit placement, a little bit on the easier side, but its kind of a welcome change since the last few submissions have been really intense LOL.
Good submission!

5 Likes

Picking up from Daarman’s thing, here’s the link to my submission.

1 Like

Submission by @RandomWizard
Its a long one!

5 Likes

Thanks for playing, Ghast!

For anyone interested, the download for the patch is linked in the post below. Feel free to look for that secret Warrior, experience the challenge in your own way, and generally have a great time!

2 Likes

Is there a hidden good ending for if everyone survives?
I’m also confused about whether you have to prevent all the breakable walls from being destroyed or just stop them from seizing the command post.

1 Like

No, the ending is pretty much the same if everyone lives. The non-essential characters get a bit of dialogue, but the core events don’t change.

The objective is just protecting the command post, and keeping Zach, Michelle, and Eligor alive. I definitely should’ve indicated that better, though.

1 Like
Submission spoilers

I’m sorry if this sounds negative, but I have to say the ending felt really disappointing. All that work you put in to keep the wall safe and it’s pretty much for nothing.

Which is a shame because this actually might be one of the better-made submissions we’ve seen.

1 Like
Submission spoilers

Yeah, I agree. Killing off Michelle and counteracting the rest of the plot was a bad decision on my part.

Thanks for your compliments about the rest of the submission, though! I’m pretty happy with how the hack turned out overall, even if the ending is bad.

submission 11!

this is by @knabepicer, people who were part of the earlier anti-turtling convo should take a look!

6 Likes

Yep, I submitted a chapter from my own hack. Much effort went in to the submission.

1 Like

Hey folks. I wanted to update you guys on the contest. For those who have still submitted and not had their chapter showcased yet- I am sorry that I’ve put this off for much longer than I said. This contest should have been finished a long time ago. You guys worked hard specifically for this competition and I feel pretty awful about putting it off.
I’m going to focus on streaming the final submissions.
Thank you for reading.

11 Likes

Streaming? Where do we find these streams? Will the videos be available here?

same as on the channel. YouTube Streaming

Okay. Will videos of the remaining individual games (i.e. stream archives) be available? If I’m not mistaken, there’s going to be some voting going on after all the projects have been played for the best one. I’m concerned the remaining games all getting lumped into one continuous video will make them harder for people to find and thus put them at a disadvantage when it’s time to vote.

Even though I’ve joked about it before (and I’m sorry if you saw that and felt bad) I really do not mind if it takes a bit longer for my submission to be played, people will get to see it all the same.

I’d rather have you play it when you are more “open” to it than see you force yourself to chug the submissions, if that makes sense. Not that I know how you feel currently.

2 Likes

Alright, since Ghast is apparently streaming the remaining submissions tonight, I’m going to go ahead and post my game’s thread here because I probably won’t be in a good position to watch: