Fire Emblem: Scions of Kings

Good to see you’re still alive

1 Like

Nice !

I am curious to see how you plan having the thief/bow to have their own lock… and knives being there.

I changed the bow weapon rank to be a projectile weapon rank. So that the assassins will be able to use bows and use knives. Had the knives have a weapon lock so that only thieves and assassins are able to use knives and not other classes that use bows.

2 Likes

how did you work on doing the implement lock.
via asm or just nightmare/EA

Hey man, are you planning on releasing a demo or something anytime soon, your game seems amazing and i just cant wait to try it out, also is there some way i can get updates from this game without having to log in amd check every day?

Used nightmare to do it. It’s how I included beaststones in the hack. Here’s a link that explains how weapon lock stacking works: Stacking Weapon Locks

I will release it, it’s only a matter of when. Lots of stuff has been going on so I can never say when it gets released because somehow something comes up that pushes it back (ie. messed up hand and recently a 10 second power outage that fried my motherboard). So I won’t give a specific date since it somehow gets jinxed.

Updates wise, I tend to do it erratically tbh. I don’t have a set schedule or anything. So I don’t know of a way to give updates unless I make a post here. Any suggestions on other ways to post updates could give me ideas and I could try to do those so that you’ll get notified of an update.

1 Like

Okay oreo i have tought of a way to uodate everyonr about the game, either a discord or email everyone who asks for info like me

Or Styx could just use this thread to keep us posted, patience grasshopper.

Ok ill be waiting my dude

Sorry for the long ass wait. Real life finds a way to take me away from hacking. I know it’s not much but hey it’s getting me back into hacking again.

Changed the soldier animation

And I made a recoloured cavalier animation. Going to make these for the female cavalier and the paladins as well. But I’ll save the paladins for when I need them. I do have the colour schemes ready though. Just need to put it all together.

5 Likes

Is this hack going to be at FEE3?

Afraid not. I just got back into the swing of things and I don’t think I’ll have enough time to prepare for it. Especially with juggling rl stuff. =/

The FEE3 deadline got extended to the end of this month if you needed a bit more time.

Looking forward to one day download this interesting hack!

Hopefully RL won’t halt the progress too much. :smile:

Hey @orestyx you can past me the face of is img of the cavalier

2 Likes

Sorry I’m using the portrait for a specific group of npcs in my hack. If you make changes to the portrait, I’ll be happy to share it.

Copying and pasting a post from my serenesforest post for the hack.

Hey everybody, a much-needed update is in order. First, I apologize from going AWOL for a long time. A lot of things have happened since I’ve last updated and I’ll admit my motivation for the project has dropped immensely. I worked on this project for far too long for it to end up dead so it may seem like it, but it’s not. It’s just incredibly taxing to take on a hacking project by yourself for the most part. It makes it much harder to get back into it when I’d end up stuck on a portion of the hack and lose the drive to work on it. Because I’ve been gone for a while, a lot of stuff has changed with how things are done with respect to hacking. So I pretty much have to relearn how to hack again.

I’m starting on migrating over to FEBuilder from FEditor and picking up things as I go. Before I get into the hacking portion, I want to work on the world building and plot of the hack first because I felt that it needs to be built more in order to have a solid story. I think that’s part of the reason why I kept getting stuck with the hack. Every time I felt like going back to it, I look at my notes and see where I left off, and then I’d lose that motivation immediately and drop it again for a bit. I know it’s not fair for everyone that you have to wait for such a damn long time for me to release something, but I just felt that I can’t release it till I feel it’s ready.

I would like to ask for help on it, but I feel that because I’ve been away for so long, it wouldn’t be fair to those who offer help either. I could lose that motivation again and be on another long hiatus and I don’t want your efforts to go to waste. I do appreciate the help I’ve received in the past and those who have offered in the past though. I won’t forget the help that got me this far in hacking, even though it’s not much yet. Maybe once I get things going again I’ll accept help, but for now, I’ll take baby steps.

TL;DR: I took a long hiatus and am back for who knows how long. Sorry to those who have waited for this project and I thank you for being patient with me.

So, for now, a little snippet of what I was working on.
Been playing around with FeBuilder to learn how to use it and I edited the palette of the cavalier animation that was originally made by Team SALVAGED

6 Likes

I’m surprised you’ve been using old FEditor for so long.

Ok i accept you condiccions please send me ok

2 Likes

It is truly best to use FEBuilder, a lot more fluent and easier to use and get around when doing hacks.

But hey, truly understandable that working on a hack on your own is challenging and having everything fit with the story takes a lot of effort. Just try not to overwhelm yourself with it as it could just kill your passion for it and not want to complete it anymore, if you really wanna finish it. Don’t rush it, always easier to do the small things and get to the major ones after. Do your best and a happy New Year!

Oh hey, I remember seeing clips of this on youtube! I thought it was dead.

Well, if it isn’t, then I’ll certainly be following it from now on.

1 Like