Fire Emblem: Scions of Kings

But he’s Andro$!

anyway, welcome to FEU, Oreo! SoK’s looking good as usual.

2 Likes

Oh shit we’re getting Laguz in this game? Sick.

[quote=“OreoStyx, post:7, topic:1567”]
War Monk: This one is WIP atm. Not sure whether the monk will promote to this class or the priest. But whichever class promotes to the War Monk class, the other will promote to Bishop.
Griffon Lord: WIP Use Swords and magic?[/quote]

War Monk could be interesting. Midnight Sun has one, but it promotes from fighters. Personally I’d go Preist > War Monk and Monk > Bish

Griffons are in the animation directory, sounds interesting. My hack has Dark Flier and Revanant Knights as flying mages.

[quote=“OreoStyx, post:7, topic:1567”]
Thieves/Assassins: Will be able to use knives. The knives won’t be part of the weapon triangle. It will combine with the bow to become a new weapon level. So instead of just a bow weapon level, it will now be a projectile weapon level. The knives and bows will have weapon locks so that only thieves and assassins can use knives and not bows. [/quote]

Do you want to use my Bow-Assassin animation? It’s pretty much complete, all that needs to be done is finish revamping the crit animation and changing the pallete to line up with the default.

Just remember to download the revised palette version, and do keep in mind that you can edit it however you wish; it’s open source.

Another edit to Andros’s mug, removed the $ sign.

I may use it, but I need to balance the classes out and see if it’s too OP for assassins to be able to use bows, knives, and swords.

Duly noted, thanks for the reminder.

EDIT: A bit of an update
Been a while since I last updated. So I’m pretty much finishing up tweaking chapter 2 and heading into chapter 3.

I’m still trying to figure out how to get the sound effects for the mauthe doog to work for my custom animation. I know that in shadowofchaos725’s notes, the command for it is 5A for the growl, 5B for the bark, and 5C for the howl. Putting those in the script didn’t play the sound for some reason. But the original animation works fine. If anyone has an idea on how to get this to work, please let me know.

Knives are working for the most part, just the battle frame darkens a bit before the animation is played. Hurray for no more glitchy lines!

I tried a bit in making battle frames. This is just a mock up of what it would look like when it’s inserted.

Nothing too fancy, just wanted to try inserting this before going all out. Any pointers on making this better is definietly appreciated. =)

First time inserting it and here’s the result.

Oh…Well not exactly what I had in mind. But hey it was my first time attempting it. Proabably should leave that for later.

3 Likes

The sounds probably don’t work because they’re not in fe7. You can use the SXXXX command to play a sound yourself, which means you need rip the sound effect and insert it. This topic should help: Playing custom sounds in battle animations

1 Like

I managed to get it to work!

I forgot to mention that I used shadowofchaos’s mauthe doog animation package to get the original animation to work in FE7. I inserted the sounds using Zahlman’s Song Editor, and changed the priority to 06 using a hex editor. So with shadowofchaos’s animation, the sounds play fine. I also used Agro’s patch to get 12 tracks/sounds beforehand.

I used the music list for FE8 to locate the SXXXX command for the mauthedoog to get it working. Thank you so much for helping me figure this out! Definitely made my weekend.

3 Likes

due to the amazing animations of GBA era fire emblem games, i am far more excited about this tactician then the one from awakening. any idea about a release date? this looks amazing.

1 Like

I’m aiming to release the first patch for FEE3 this year so I’m working on getting everything ready for it. The patch will have five chapters playable (prologue - chapter 4).

4 Likes

awesome. keep up the good work.

Hype.

Oh, and please let me know if there is any game testing I can do. (“Game testing” AKA impatience. must. Play. Now!)

I want to ask something good orestyx you going to put animations and laguz strategist for download forum animations aka finish?

2 Likes

I will release the Ulfos animation, as well as others in the future, but not sure about the tactician because I find them not unique enough for people to use them tbh.

Much needed update. Somehow forgot about making a post in the thread about the status of the hack. Sorry about the huge lack of updates. So sometime right before FEE3 I accidentally got my fingers crushed and broke my right middle finger and got lacerations on my middle fingers. So not much hacking could be done.

So I’m slowly going back into it and I find myself tending to jump here and there when it comes to working on the hack. I mean I was working on this rather than working on chapter 3.

Some fixing up is needed with the timing, but hey I got transformations in there at least. I’ll admit that I tend to work on things that are way ahead of where I’m currently at and I need to stop doing that lol. Seriously, I was working on Andros’ promoted animation and 2 other custom animations when I was working on chapter 2.

Speaking of animations, I’m redoing the tactician’s animations. I’ve looked at the comments posted on the youtube video I posted to showcase them and I felt that I need to make them more unique, rather than reskins of the originals. The only one I’m keeping is the rally animation. Any ideas or suggestions on the tactician’s fighting style? Having some trouble with matching the fighting style with the tactician.

I need to focus on getting the patch out. I think the trouble I’m having atm is maintaining the motivation to work on this. It always comes in bursts and I would prefer a steady one so that I can actually get a patch going.

9 Likes

Ok thanks for the answer and I tell you I love the animation of strategist I think that many would like to use it in their hacks or in other projects

Pd: I support you in everything and I hope you get better your time by answering and reading this and above those animes that are sure to come along well that’s all thanks and follow, so I support you :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good to see you’re still alive

1 Like

Nice !

I am curious to see how you plan having the thief/bow to have their own lock… and knives being there.

I changed the bow weapon rank to be a projectile weapon rank. So that the assassins will be able to use bows and use knives. Had the knives have a weapon lock so that only thieves and assassins are able to use knives and not other classes that use bows.

2 Likes

how did you work on doing the implement lock.
via asm or just nightmare/EA

Hey man, are you planning on releasing a demo or something anytime soon, your game seems amazing and i just cant wait to try it out, also is there some way i can get updates from this game without having to log in amd check every day?