FIRE EMBLEM - Code of the Black Knights: Decisive Edition (30 chapters)

@Mycahel Just checking to see if you found out why I can’t play pass chapter 24

Probably because you’re using a mobile emulator or something besides mGBA

Just restart your game on mGBA, or Nostalgia.GBA if you’re on mobile and hate Retroarch. A hack built as quickly as this one and with as much content as it has is bound to have weird glitches everywhere, especially if the emulator doesn’t match behavior expected by the tool used to build it (in this case FEBuilder)

Fwiw I haven’t tested CotBK with Nostalgia.GBA yet because I love Retroarch for bringing an mGBA build to mobile too much, but it yields the expected outcomes on a few other hacks.

hey just wanted to say this is the first hack that I played until the very end ! It was an amazing project, congratulations!! Even created an account here just to send this haha

I am an artist myself, if anyone need help in a project maybe ill be able to help :slight_smile:

5 Likes

also, there is really no limit to supports? It shows “3 remaining” so I am not sure

also, I really loved the FFTA references on the game, and also on the music some times! Nice touch

Thanks for the kind words : )

The support screen will say “(x number) remaining”, but even if that number hits zero you can still achieve supports, so don’t worry about that.

1 Like
An Answer

The reason why is because there’s an error in the flowchart for the routes. It’s a bit confusing, but the best way to explain it is that there are two ways to get to Ex2: Either by running out of time for Route A, or else letting Flynn die.

Of these two ways to get to Ex2, only one of them will let you potentially access The Lost Chapter. And even then, there’s a turn requirement too IIRC (see the S-Rank guide for more).

I know this because I was in the exact same situation you are.

Hope this helps!

Thx for the reply, man.

However, I figured out how to do it a few weeks ago, posted my findings on this thread, let a week pass, then edited it to say what it currently does.

Thanks again for taking the time to write that. It means a lot!

Edit: How do you make it so it says you’re replying to me, and not the thread in general? (My profile name is in the top right part of your comment, but your profile name isn’t in the top right part of mine.)
I swear I’m not clicking the reply button at the bottom of the page!

Ah, I see. Well, you’re welcome!
As for how I’m doing it, well… I click the reply arrow at the bottom of a post; not the one at the bottom of the thread page, but… if you aren’t clicking the one at the bottom then… hmmm…

Not sure then what’s happening.

By the way, here’s something else I think you should know:

In Case You Have Yet to Do Route A:

Chapter I believe 29A has a very nasty bug (at least when I tried playing the hack on VBA)- potentially, if you try and edit your units positions in Battle Preps, you can’t and the game instead crashes.

Not sure if this has been since fixed, but please be careful of it.

Nah, I actually got endings A and F first...

I just never thought that losing would be the key to unlocking The Lost Chapter.

Edit: I think the turn requirement you’re thinking of is for Endgame A, you have to complete it in less than 3 turns. I knew that after my first playthrough, but LTC strats aren’t really my gig, so I found another way.

Also, I never got that bug, but thanks anyways.

Also also, I still can’t figure out the secrets of the reply button. Ah, well, DW about it. I’ll figure it out at some point, I always do.

Farewell, fellow Enthusiast.

Ah, I see. Maybe the bug was fixed then. Well, it’s always nice to see another fan.

I Got Both Acts of Ending D first

I still need to finish up Route B… though god, the train decoupling chapter in Route A is annoying as all get out- especially if you don’t want to be thrown in jail.

Also, yeah, the Lost Chapter is weird like that.

Spoilers

I searched through the topic, and found this conversation which implies that the Lost Chapter can only be accessed if you started the A route. To access the Lost Chapter before the C ending, you need to first enter route A, and then run out of time in Ch28A, which will take you to the C route.

If you enter Route C through any other means, such as by letting Flynn die before the route split, or by going into Route B and running out of time in Ch26, you would not be able to access the Lost Chapter.

By the way, if you still have the Warp from Lillia, you may still be able to LTC Endgame A. Ch29 gives you a bunch of extra units, including a female Bishop. After promoting her to the 3rd tier, she can use Warp and gets Powerstaff, allowing her to use Warp twice in a single turn, so you can send Schwarze + another powerhouse to the Endgame boss on turn 1. If you also have a Rescue staff, you can have Angel/Liam refresh the Warper, and then have her rescued to another room to send a third unit to the boss.

If you’re not playing on mGBA, try importing the save file into mGBA and resuming from there. If you only have mobile as your platform, download Retroarch. if you only intend to use it for GBA games it’s pretty plug and play, just have to grab the mGBA core

Thanks bro all settled I wish someone has a play through or cut scenes on all the ending chapters though

The only cutscene I am missing out is noir good ending chapter cant replay it as the choices made are almost at the start of the game

@Roisourboi Can you make a YouTube video with noir endings

MOD EDIT: Do not triple post. Posts merged.

Don’t triple post, please. There’s an edit button.

I’ll make ending videos if you want but please list the specific endings you haven’t seen. I’m pretty sure Noir and Schwarze don’t have separate endings for most of them??

ngl I don’t know how do that.

When you say “Noir endings” do you mean every ending she appears in, or do you mean the ending to route D if you took the Black Knights route?

It sounds like the latter, I just gotta be sure.

Sorry bro I don’t know how to edit it as I am doing it on chrome

Appreciate it brooo

Yup the ending when noir takes the holy knights route and I didn’t recuit rose to my party so I can’t do the neutral ending

Thanks brooooo

Ps: I know how to edit now

Hi,
I just started playing this rom and so far I’m really enjoying it. But I can’t seem to go beyond the preparation screen of chapter 10. It just goes completely black. I can’t access check map as well. What might be the solution?

Edit: Changing the emulator fixed the issue!

I’m not super well versed with ROMs. I am trying to download this and play it as it looks really fun. I have a GBA emulator but when I download this game, i can’t do anything with it. is there a download tutorial somewhere? Do i need to do something to the file in someway before it is playable? Thanks.

1 Like