FEXNA Leak Discussion Thread

Heck inserting sprites for units and spells alone is probably league’s easier with a program instead of being limited by the rom

1 Like

As an LT user, I can assure you that inserting map and battle anims is a pain in the ass at the moment, but you can do a fair bit of shenanigans with it once you get familiar with it. You run it through a converter then you have to rename a bunch of files.

Eventually you’ll end up with something like this where every animation has an image, an index, and a script:

• Class ID
  • Gender (0-4 Male, 5-9 Female)
  • Weapon
  • Faction or Unique Unit Name

You can do a boatload more, but as you can see the above only accounts for the Lance, Ranged Lance, and Unarmed animations for Generic Blue/Red units and the unique unit, Josh (my lazy ass has yet to change palettes).

The only thing I’ve had any experience with between both engines is music (doot, doot). Both use the .ogg format, so what you hear is what you get. As for looping, a member of LTcord (Artorius Strange
#7984) made an engine hack that makes the track loop cleanly, so all it comes down to is how well you can truncate the song. As for FEXNA… something something metadata (because I never actually had to do this part, Skitty or Rubber used to do it).

4 Likes

Is SRPG Studio any good? Seeing it on sale for $15 makes me curious to try, but if it’s missing features or something like that I don’t wanna waste money on it.

The fact SRPG Studio is all about emulating the SNES FE experience is already enough to make it worth your time. Since it’s on sale, imma buy it right now to support the devs!

2 Likes

Whelp I guess I’m on board then if it was made specifically for FE, I assumed it was like RPG Maker where it’s trying to be a little of everything and feels sluggish as a result.

SRPG is pretty specifically old FE
Which also includes fun stuff like having a global mastery stat instead of weapon levels
Basically you need to hunt down a lot of user created content to get basic features

4 Likes

It depends on what you want to do with it, but really anything is possible with scripting so I’d say go for it. I bought it at full price and I don’t regret it.

2 Likes

Tactitillating experiences await.

3 Likes

Makes sense, this is actually something I’d been wondering if/when it would happen

1 Like

19 Likes

So now we just need a community of artists to rally together and create a cool, totally legal default assets package…

Where would we find one of those, I wonder?

6 Likes

Personally I hack fegba over trying out various engines because I want it playable on mobile

I would absolutely be interested in trying srpg focused game engines if the built game could be for android.

Games are better when they are playable while lying in bed :relieved:

4 Likes

Isn’t FEXNA stuff playable on mobile?

On another note, playing FEGBA on GBA, that’s where it’s really at.

2 Likes

Having slick actually responsive touchscreen controls on a good FE Game?

Now I know I’m dreaming.

2 Likes

An android version of Immortal Sword (see below) was, at least at one point in time, in the works. I would hazard a guess that means other FEXNA projects should be able to be ported. I don’t think there has been any significant progress shown of the android version since the initial announcement though, probably got put on the backburner to finish up the core of FEXNA.

1 Like

Not really a post related to the FEXNA leak, but the upcoming LT ‘BEEG’ update actually fixes this issue I brought up! Score +1 for Lex Talionis!

https://puu.sh/GY0Nb/535b57f641.mp4

However, because LT is built on Pygame, an engine made in the year 2000, it has a few… quirks. If your sound latency sucks, you run into a different kind of issue, so Rainlash has added a way for people to disable text blips if this happens:

https://puu.sh/GY0Oh/b0f65ba1d5.mp4

2 Likes

An elegant noise for an elegant Rapier.

1 Like

Arch to be honest: This post inspired me too. That’s one of the reasons for the ANB Toolbox:
https://feuniverse.us/t/tactile-a-new-beginning-legal-f2u-toolbox-game/10431

So thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Huh, after a bit of searching I found that leak. I’m probably gonna set it up and wait for the actual release so I don’t need to set it up again

I really don’t care, just drop the damn game. Kudos to Maritisa :beers:

1 Like