Fenriel's Works

Amazing looking stuff, especially the UI elements, intro screens, backgrounds and the maps. If I can get my sprites to look as half as good as yours, I’ll be happy.

1 Like

“We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood.”

Bloodborne - Hunter Fenreir

here’s my take on the hunter from Bloodborne, with the standard outfit version.
i had to crop down the portrait a bit in order to fit in the hat, since it turned out a little bigger than expected.
the base model is Karel, the hat is custom made, as for the rest i just swapped colors, changed few details here and there, the usual things.
maybe not one of my best mugs, but it’s alright.

also, here’s some Bloodborne inspired 64 colors backgrounds to go along with the guy:

BB BG 01 BB BG 02

BB BG 05 BB BG 03

BB BG 04

[edit] also made a Hunter battle still because why not:

Bloodborne - Hunter battle still Fenreir

not sure what to sprite next.
maybe more FF VII R characters, or maybe other stuff. time will tell~

10 Likes

Oh hell yes! Now we can do some beasthunting in a different format!

This looks extremely awesome!

1 Like

Well if you are looking for ideas, something Ogre/FFT/Yoshida inspired would be nice. Background, map, battle interface, or character. Any of the above would be helpful. Maybe something based on the OB or TO character creation sequence?

looks like someone is in need of specific assets :sweat_smile:

technically, you could translate some elements from the SNES/GBA games into FE material, although i’m unsure as to what/how could be customized in order to make something decent out of it.

the UI stuff from those games was very basic, since usually it was all about a blue window screen with colored borders, pretty much like what they used for Final Fantasy games from the first one up until 9.
then again, it depends on what’s needed in terms of visuals.

i’m already working on something related to FF7R, although i wouldn’t mind trying some other concepts inspired by OB/TO, if it’s just UI stuff.

Yeah the OB UI is pretty simple looking, which I’m probably not going to replicate. I’ve decided to go with a more hybrid FE/OB approach, more of a homage than an explicit remake. Not sure what that is supposed to look like to be honest. I’m not too terrible at splicing things together for portraits, but creating UI elements is not something I’m experienced with. I think a cool looking title screen would be very helpful since it isn’t something I can cobble together easily from the asset repo. The tentative title for my game is “Fire Emblem: Path of Kings” Something that draws inspiration from both series would be nice. I won’t ask for more until I have something to show for myself. :smiley:

As far as UI goes, I really like your FE9/10 combat UI so I’m probably going to borrow that(with your permission, that is). I got a stats screen from the repo that almost matches it, I might have to modify some colors but it shouldn’t be too difficult.

You have a lot of cool looking maps I could use. The floating isle one in particular screams OB to me. I’ll see if I can use that one in my hack as well.

currently busy on multiple fronts, but i guess few backgrounds shouldn’t hurt.
this time around, how about some 64 colors castles:

Castle BG 01 Castle BG 04
Castle BG 03 Castle BG 05
Castle BG 02

9 Likes

“…I will never be a memory.”

FF7R - Sephiroth Fenreir FF7R - Sephiroth angry Fenreir FF7R - Sephiroth enraged Fenreir FF7R - Sephiroth happy Fenreir

decided to rework and revamp Sephiroth from FF VII R a bit earlier than expected, so now the main cast from the Remake is truly complete.
i provided multiple emotions again (default, serious, angry and creepy) in order to describe his slow descent into madness from Crisis Core. i might give him a black wing too later, if i’ll be inspired enough.

the rest of the main cast will eventually show up some time in the future, not sure when since i’m still quite busy with other stuff.

6 Likes

just finished this one, guess i’ll find a use for it in the coming future:

FF7 Title ex

i’m not the kind that likes to brag, but since it came out pretty good, i’m actually quite proud of it.
it might not be a perfect reproduction of the scaled down title, but it still does the job nonetheless.

also, a little sneaky peaky:

red13

and that’s that for now. see ya~ :wave:

7 Likes

“I am that which you see before you. Nothing more. I’d appreciate it if we simply left it at that. Agreed?”

Final Fantasy VII_R - Red XIII Fenreir

here’s my take on Red XIII from Final Fantasy VII R. not too shabby, if i say so myself.
this was also one of the very rare times when i don’t do edits directly on pre-existing mugs, but make stuff starting from zero, so after reaching 16 colors and trying to shade details here and there, it came out alright.
i couldn’t make more than just the default mug and frames because there’s not really much to do in terms of different emotions when it comes to animals, so i decided to leave it as it is for the time being.

as i’m currently replaying FF7R once more, i suppose Yuffie could be showing up in the future.
we’ll see in due time~

16 Likes

apparently my 2nd gallery has started lagging whenever i try to edit it, so i guess it’s time to compile some sheets and put stuff together before it gets worse again :sweat_smile:

anyway, while i was doing other stuff, i decided to make some UI assets inspired by FF VII.
it’s kind of a mix between the old and new UI styles, so i might get back on these later on for further experiments and refinements:

battle screen

FF VII_R - Battle Screen Fenreir

stats screen

FF VII_R - Stats Screen Fenreir

they’re actually quite basic, but so are their original counterparts.
maybe i’ll try a different approach and turn both of them into a more modern concept with a different design, the next time i stumble upon these.

13 Likes

I love the FF style battle screens! I might try to use one of them in my own project. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My favorite lab rat dog!! I can’t believe I’m four days late to this! You captured his face really well; even more impressive it’s from scratch!

2 Likes

i recently completed the Intergrade DLC of FF VII Remake, and i’ll probably do another run of the main game while waiting for FF XVI to be released this summer.

also, reworked couple things while i was at it, with more to come in the following week(s).
i’ll compile a sheet with everything i’ve done so far in terms of FF VII_R mugs and then be done with it for good( until Rebirth will be out too, i guess ). my galleries up there are also quite laggy, so better unify some stuff before they start to collapse again.

anyway, you can have the Remake-inspired versions of the battle UI, made 2 different variants with minor details changed because as usual i wasn’t 100% satisfied with making just one:

FF7R_BT UI 01

» Variant
FF7R_BT UI 02

altered a bit the HP bars as well.
i tried to stay in line with the modern design of the Remake in terms of windows and decorations, hopefully this will be enough for the time being.

a stats screen will show up as well in the coming days, along with yo girl Yuffie when she’ll be ready, all polished and pretty( i swear she’s gonna be released for real this time :sweat_smile: ).
a little sneak peek shouldn’t hurt i guess:

'til next time~ :wave:

10 Likes

back with new stats screen inspired by FF VII R, made two variants:

FF7R SS 01

FF7R SS 02

also, as i recently got sick with flu and other annoying stuff, i’m afraid that the other sprites will have to wait a bit longer, at least until i’ll be back in shape.

7 Likes

“Before you stands a rare bloom: the single white rose of Wutai…the one-and-only Yuffie!”

» Dirge of Cerberus cameo (default, happy)
FF VII R - Yuffie Moogle cape Fenreir FF VII R - Yuffie Moogle cape happy Fenreir

» Remake (default, happy)
FF VII R - Yuffie Kisaragi Fenreir FF VII R - Yuffie Kisaragi happy Fenreir

today i felt a bit better, so i decided to let the young lady show up in her multiple variants.
had to alter some dimensions due to box limit and other details, if it’s too high compared to the other mugs there’s always the chance to crop the lower portion of the torso in order to make her fit a more realistic size compared to the original counterpart.
[edit] also, shoutout to @BuskHusker for the tall neck shirt reference, much appreciated as always!

and with this, my spriting journey for the main cast of FF VII Remake is officially concluded. at least until i’ll get inspired again, or Rebirth will drop :sweat_smile:
i’m quite proud of all these customs and splices that i’ve made, it’s probably my biggest collection of portraits so far dedicated to one title.

on a side note: the FF VII R mugs have been removed from my collection, but don’t worry, i’ve compiled a sheet with all of them included to save some space and let my gallery more breathing room, so you can still find the portraits up there.
if you really want the single ones though, i’m afraid you’ll just have to either scroll up some posts, or eventually search the repo.
guess i’ll leave it here too to save you some time searching for it:

considering there’s also battle animation sheets for FF VII characters on Spriters Resource and other useful stuff in the repo, i guess now would probably be a good opportunity to start working on a FF VII Remake / Demake.
the rest is up to you folks~ :wave:

8 Likes

preparing for the next CCC round:

FE7 - King Hector Fenreir FE7 - Crowned King Hector Fenreir

Hector has always been one of my favorite characters( despite being among the strongest units in Blazing Sword, since he’s literally a walking wall of steel that brings death upon anything he touches ), so of course i had to do something about him.

i decided to merge his noble outfit from the end game cutscene, his default armor and the shoulder plates/cape from his brother’s armor in order to come up with something interesting that actually looked like a proper promotion from lordling to great lord.
i made his hair longer and gave him a beard to make him look even cooler, then i added a crown variant too because you know, royalty and all that stuff.

kinda simple as a splice, but i guess it’s alright.

also, sneak peak on another mug that will probably come out this summer:

snek

10 Likes

some more CCC stuff, probably my last take on these before i move on to other stuff:

FE6 - Dark Dragon Idunn Fenreir FE6 - Holy Dragon Idunn Fenreir

8 Likes

i know what i said before, but apparently i can’t stop doing these:

FE7 - Female Hector Fenreir FE7 - Crowned Female Hector Fenreir

please send help :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

This is more a commentary on gender benders and female versions of things in which Fire Emblem is 100% guilty of, the hilariously more revealing armours (you know despite being an armour knight) and automatic huge bust increase. That said a female Hector would definitely have a huge chest because if videogame and anime stereotypes have taught me anything is that a female character’s bust is proportionate to their depicted power/strength (Tifa, Tsunade, Unohana, Camilla, Byleth, this keeps going…)

8 Likes