[FE8] What Patches do you think are essential or do you often use?

[FE8] What Patches do you think are essential or do you often use? I’m making a list to both use it for personal purposes and to also create a tutorial in the future.

—MUST—
16_tracks_12_sounds
drumfix
SOUND_NIMAP2
CG Fade glitch
01command_hack
48command_hack
Anti-Huffman
healer ai fix

—DEPENDS—
Allow 254 generic minimugs
Allow Visit from any tile

—OPTIONAL—
AllInstrument

HP Bars is a must imho

5 Likes

If you don’t have HP Bars with Warnings and the patch that makes stationary enemies display as stationary, your hack’s unplayable, sorry.

Beyond that, you can find an in-depth list of quality-of-life patches here:

Then, of course, there are all of the #ESSENTIAL fixes, most of which are basic fixes basically every hack needs — a good number of them will be automatically prompted by FEBuilder when you do something that needs them, and you can find them all by searching #ESSENTIAL in the patches list. (There are a small number of things tagged as #ESSENTIAL that I disagree with being classified as such, but you should scroll through the list for yourself and make sure you have all the bugfixes and whatnot.)

I will also take this moment to once again call awareness to the Mode Coefficient Fix, without this patch you’re setting yourself up for serious balance problems due to too much EXP gain. See here for a detailed explanation:

Just about everything else depends on what you want to do with it. I will take a moment to shout out Set Unit Status for being one of the most useful general-purpose eventing patches out there — it lets you arbitrarily get, add to, subtract from, and overwrite any value of a unit’s data, which is extremely useful for doing more complicated stuff in events.

2 Likes

I will be sure to add a separate patch with HP bars to any projects I do have. :eyes:

I was not expecting such an elaborated comment! Thanks for commenting and even linking these threads!