[FE8] Port FE7 to FE8 [NEW VERSION]

Huh, i thought you would use the FE7 luna cuz, you know, it’s an FE7 port, but you’re the one making the game so i won’t complain

I said it before:

in fact, is something that occurs very often. But don’t worry I changed that yesterday.

In other topics, I have a new version without the world map and the Hector mode is incomplete. Now my priorities are others. Before any of you ask, no is compatible with previous saves is a completely new rework.

LINK UPDATED FIRST POST

3 Likes

Is this completed except for the world map?

1 Like

Yes, that’s right

3 Likes

Congrats!! Thank you for making this! Great contribution to our community. Just a few questions. Is this a 1:1 remake as in no new animations, portraits, dialogue etc… and the other is because there is no world map, would we be missing out on the dialogue scenes that occur on the world map?

Thanks know those words, make me happy

is a 1:1 remake but in a 99%, has little but little changes like some tilesets in some chapters. Examples: Dread Isle or Cog of Destiny

Can be weird and to be honest sometimes I dispaired when was working with it, and I need to rethink how to work with it, since in several of my tests the best result is that I use it as a traversable map but I think that change will be until the end.

Also, I forgot to say the Hector mode is incomplete too.

2 Likes

Fair enough. Thanks for the response! So how done is hector mode? When you complete it would it be compatible with saves if I start on lyns and eliwoods route?

Just tried the beta and decided to start from Lyn mode, Zugu is missing from chapter 1 (doesn’t affect the ending of the chapter), in Chapter 2 Glass leaves the throne and seizing it doesn’t end the chapter (thus soft locking you).

I did a search in this thread and didnt see it mentioned so I’m not sure if someone else already raised this.

2 Likes

my idea is yes, if you finish Lyn mode you can go with Eliwood or Hector, or got since the start (is something have already implemented). But the Hector mode right now just has chapter 11 finished.

Thanks for checking it, I forgot to change a pair of things like the AI or the character now would be fixed.

Is a new version published two days ago, is normal these errors haven’t been commented on.

I updated it in the first post. Please say me any error else you find.

Ok, people, we did a little update, we uploaded a new version of this, and is in the first post. You will find two archives, one is a little old and the other is newer, I should recommend the version with the name “REX7 Beta 00xx00”; but version RE7 (the old one) is a little bit polished but at the same time incomplete. And remember please send us a report of any bug, glitch, or error you find.

And if you have any comments you should join our Discord server.
That’s all for now. Thanks for reading.

1 Like

I see this has a world map, does it have the grindable levels like FE8? The tower and redoing maps, etc?
Edit: sorry i saw the posting above about this. I took a peak at this thru FEBuilder and it looks like from chapter 14-the end its missing placements?

I would like to have a working world map, but is hard to set a good placement.

With any of these maps, a pair of nodes will be lost, or for example, with the entire Elibe map some nodes will be close to each other

Map_Final_2 (by Raulster)

I accept suggestions for node placements.

1 Like

Thats pretty cool. Ya trying to figure out the world map is difficult

Actually, I know how works the world map, events, nodes, and roads. I learned it when I was working with the port of FE6

2 Likes

Hi was wondering why I could not find this hack on the Fire Emblem Fan Game Directory. If I was to add it to the directory would I add it in the FE7 category or the FE8 category

I should say it is in FE8 Category, because is a port with the FE8 engine

2 Likes

The hack directory is updated by individual users, and hasn’t gotten a comprenisive update in a while.
As this uses FE8 as a base, it should be in the FE8 category.

1 Like

Thank you to you both

@HauntRS_0337 is this Romhack complete or is it still on going?

Isn’t complete, actually in progress

4 Likes