[FE8] Oops, All Archers! (V3.0, Out of beta!), New Bosses!

Just to keep y’all updated, Oops, All Archers 2.0 is done and I am starting my test playthrough later today

2 Likes

Hey, sorry I’ve been away so long. Long story short, finished the hack in June, did some playtesting, and got so horribly burnt out that I didn’t finish the playtest run. I have realized that I likely will not finish that run, and so I thought I might as well upload what I finished and make bugfixes and balance changes as necessary (according to feedback).

Slight problem. I had to change computers a while ago, and the readme and patch notes were lost. I’m working to recover them, and by the start of next week the hack will have a fully-fledged readme.

Broad scope changlog:

There are now roughly triple the amount of classes: three male and three female archer base classes, each with three promotions, and a male trainee class thrown in for good measure. There were no good Amelia archer animations, so she is just a normal class with the blossom skill instead. There are a lot of returning classes (paladin, ranger, adventurer), as well as some new ones, such as the windrunner, divine bowman, lifedrinker, and shadowshot.

Some bosses have also been changed to bow wielders from other Fire Emblem games. In general, the new bosses are more aggresive and more difficult than their base game counterparts.

I understand the classes and new bosses complicate things somewhat, and some people just want a modified rom with everyone changed to archers. The last patch (Oops! All Archers Classic, if you will) will stay up, and this new patch (Oops! All Archers Evolved) will be posted right under it.

Sorry this took so long, and sorry for the mixup with the readme. Hopefully, it will be an enjoyable experience nonetheless.
Oops! All Archers Evolved

3 Likes

So I’m playing the evolved version and the class variety makes it much better than the original hack in my opinion. I just noticed two weird things:
• Amelia is still a recruit in Ephraim route, has her vanilla inventory and weapon rank in both lances and bows, while having the map sprite of an adventurer (animations too, at least when attacking with a bow).
• the summon skills isn’t working.

Thank you so much, I’m glad you think so! The Amelia thing was just because adventurer was built off of super recruit, so that sprite overwrote the other two versions of it. That oversight, as well as the summon skills (which, if I understand the issue, might’ve still worked for Ewan and Knoll) have now been fixed, and the intro has been updated with the new link

1 Like

Okay this looks interesting. I’m going to try it

Enjoying the hack so far :slight_smile: if you’re still working on this, the summons created by Shadowshot Artur can’t use their bows due to only having an axe rank. They also have normal HP rather than 1. Maybe some of this is intentional balance changes, though? Thanks

New update is out for Evolved, here’s what’s changed
-Colm base speed +3
-Shining bow description updated to reflect that it doesn’t give WExp
-Shining bow’s map animation now works properly (and isn’t the antitoxin one)
-The monster hunter’s promotion text was rephrased to avoid the text spilling over
-The short bow is now 1 range locked
-Phantoms can now use bows and are back to having 1 hp
-Saleh is now correctly a divine bowman in both routes

Edit: Just reposted it, caught some weapon rank mistakes that led to certain units being unable to use parts of their join inventory

3 Likes

Hey, it’s time for a new update.
TLDR: New bosses and bug fixes, but the patch is not fully tested yet, so if you want you can start now or wait a week for the refined version. Evolved still exists and is included in the “old patches” folder.

So, about a month ago, I was contacted by a dude named Iago. He said he worked for someplace called the Better Bosses Bureau, and that he wanted to audit my hack for boss quality. I told him that stationary bosses with a single weapon were all the rage, and he said plainly that that boss philosophy wouldn’t fly in a post-Engage FE hack.

So I decided to redesign the bosses, removing the standard Sacred Stones lineup and replacing them with the greatest (and worst) archers the series has to offer. Bosses have revamped classes, new weapons, and powerful personal skills that shape the way they must be approached. Enemy formations have been changed to accentuate the strengths of these bow-wielding baddies, so expect bosses having a gang of units that either cover their seize point or follow them around. Most bosses now move, and those that don’t should all be coded in as 0 move enemies (let me know if I missed any.) Bosses also differ across routes, and which route you take influences what version of the final map you face.

If you would like a more detailed explanation of the changes, you may find the full changelog here

Bosses Changelog and Credits

V3 Changelog:
-Several Units and Bosses Received New Personal Skills
Affected Characters: Ephraim, Duessel, Dozla, Natasha, Neimi, Orson, Ross, Garcia, Gerik, Artur, Marisa, Saleh, Knoll
-More Bosses
-More Bows (and swords, oddly enough)
-The dragonstone has been nerfed
-The sacred twin tomes have been returned to their original weapon types
-Colm and Rennac now both have thief skill (improved vision in fog)
-Divine Bowman and Monster Hunter both had their names shortened to fit the name text box (Holy Bowman and Exorcist are the new names)
-Phantoms now scale magic correctly for the shining bow
-Berserk and Silence now work properly
-The energy ring now correctly boosts strength and magic
-Minimum poison damage increased to 5
-Mage Archers and Lifedrinkers now have mage movement in the desert
-Female Bow Knight and Lifedrinker now have the correct animations
-Eirika and Ephraim’s story promotions now work properly
-Windrunner now has canto+, Adventurer now has canto, spellbows have a skill% chance to inflict a random status when attacking
-Leadership has been revamped, Eirika, Ephraim, Seth, Orson, Duessel, Innes, and Syrene now have playable leadership stars, and most bosses after chapter 15 also have some, as well as select bosses before.
-Several Classes received new positional skills: General gained Pivot, Lyn Lord gained swap, Ranger/Bow Knight gained lunge, Sniper gained reposition, Holy Bowman/Spellbow gained shove, and warrior gained smite.
-Lifedrinkers are no longer considered armored, Lyn Lord is no longer considered cavalry, Windrunner is now considered cavalry. (For Effectiveness purposes)

Known Errors:
Galeforce does not work if you attack from an event tile (ie: a fire tile in the gorgon egg map)

Credits (Spoilers for new bosses/weapons):

Weapons:
Valentian Bow: Batima’s Brass Yumi
Rolf’s Bow: 2WB’s Recurve Bow
Agneyastra: Batima’s Flame Sword
Elephant: Batima’s Pachyderm
Falchion: SacredStones’s Alm’s Falchion
Mani Katti: 2WB+Vanilla
Mulagir: 2WB+Vanilla
Failnaught: Batima (glowing)
Lughnasadh: SacredStones
Yewfelle: Batima (Copia)
Akira’s Bow: Batima’s Glass Bow
Dragon Arrow: Batima’s Dragon Bow

Portraits:
Holmes, Faramir: Sterling Glovner
Lyn: Monkeybard
Bernadetta
Gordin: BlueyGuy
Jamke: Nobody
Noire: Shadow Flygon
Leonardo: NickT, Stitch
Shamir: Wasdye
Gregor: SatoshiKura
Alm: Atey
Jake: Kanna
Claude, Lester: Melia
Draco: Melia, Arcth
Mikoto, Takumi: Fenreir
Astrid: Quotedotlass, Ghostblade13
Rolf: Quotedotlass, Electric Serge
Saphir: Garytop
Wolf: DerTheVaporeon, NickT

Special Thanks to HyperGammaSpaces for allowing me to use the Leon and Python portraits from Sacred Echoes

One last thing I want to note is that I haven’t had time to complete my test playthrough of the new update yet. If you would prefer to wait until the hack is more refined, most changes will likely be made within a week of this update. Also, if you don’t really care about the bosses and just want to play the evolved version, that is available in the “old patches” section of the release folder.

Thank you guys so much for playing, I love hearing your thoughts about the hack, and I hope you enjoy the bosses patch just as much as evolved

Bosses Patch

5 Likes

So is the evolved patch and this new bosses patch different? Sorry if it was explained I couldn’t figure it out. Thanks!

So I was playing the Classic patch on Hard mode and uh…

Lute is a goddess. STR/MAG split helped her the most since she still has a 65% growth in each. She is the only unit other than Eirika or Seth that can ORKO armor knights. However, unlike the other two, she actually has good MAG, and this results in her abusing the Shining Bow to absurd levels. She can solo entire maps if not for durability limits.

Ch9 Eirika has two villages that are flat out impossible to save without promoting someone. The bottom village is flat out impossible without promoting someone into a flier to get there in time, while the left village is so far away that even Lute juggernauting her way over still can’t intercept the pirate in time. IDK about Seth, but he will take too long fighting the Sniper (Lute gets the Sniper down to low HP in a single round and has 1-2 range)

If you download the newest release, the main patch in there is called “new bosses”, which is a patch built off of evolved that also adds the new bosses. Base Evolved is also there under old patches.
Evolved is version 2, Bosses is version 3 of the hack

@RNGSOMEONE
Lute is really good lol, but I think she is sorta balanced out by the shining bow being limited uses and her not being able to take advantage of her personal when using it, as it gives no weapon exp.

CH9 Eirika’s villages are really hard, but they are doable. IIRC Eirika and normal archers get pirate movement, so you can bait up the pirates at the start to distract them from the bottom one, and the left one is hard, but Seth can book it in time if he doesn’t fight anything. I agree that it is too much though, and I will likely be pushing both villages back a turn or two though

Dear author, poor Leonardo appealed to you for help.

Thank you for pointing this out. I just need to check the end of Eirika route in my test playthrough, so the fix for all her route’s bosses should be out soon

1 Like

Dear author, I think I have to ask you a lot of questions: whether it’s Ephraim’s route or Eric’s route, when fighting with many boss, their game avatars are still the original boss. Secondly, Lester has two weapons that can’t be used, and Alm in Chapter 15 and 21 can’t use Falchion.

The boss battle quotes and death quotes have yet to be fully changed to the new portraits, I should have that, as well as the Lester fixes, done when the Ephraim route is finalized. The Eirika route fixes (which will also fix Alm’s Falchion) will be done and uploaded probably by Monday

Edit: Actually, I got to Lester, and he apparently can use all of his weapons for me. Do you have a screenshot of his weapon ranks/inventory, by chance?

Hey guys, it is definitely not Monday anymore, but I do have an update for you: All the gameplay related changes for V3 are finished and uploaded. This includes a full rebalance and bug testing for all bosses introduced so far in both routes. Thank you so much again for being patient with this project, and I hope you enjoy the new content. There is currently no ETA on the cosmetic changes, but they are in the works

5 Likes

Why does Vanessa come with a javelin? Why does Colm come with a lockpick instead of keys? (He comes with Locktouch but doesn’t use it as a green unit.)

I kept some weird items on characters because I didn’t want to just remove funds from the game, and I wanted the player to be given at least a few weapons of each type to use after people promote

I’m playing ch 14 Queen of White Dunes and something weird is happening. I wiped out all the enemies of the map except one armor knight at the top left. He has debuffed stats for some reason? And in the status screen he doesn’t count as an enemy (it should say 1 but instead it says “- -”).
0 stats
no enemies
Then in the second floor of Lagdou Ruins Ephraim and Seth are hit with the stat debuffs too.
Ephraim
Seth

Excalibur not being effective versus fliers feels… wrong.