[FE8] Fire Emblem: Souls of the Forest

how do you recruit Phoebe i think her recruitment might be bugged in febuilder it shows she should be in chapter 9

she’s a secret unit, you might get a glimpse of what tile to go to in the chapter start events or in the houses…

either the patch isn’t up to date or Phoebe recruitment was put it wrong cause standing on the mountain behind the armory doesn’t do anything unless its a specific unit that has to stand on it. Or I guess it could be difficulty dependent.

oh crap, the recruitment trigger flag shares flag with the beryl rakel convo, so if you got that you can’t get her, that’s a bug. fixed that on hotfix 3 just now

1 Like

Huge release, happy for you dude

ill give this 1 a go, will report back while i progress.

where is the .ups though? i only see .gba file, u already patched it??

That is a mistake, I will make it ups

2 Likes

On chapter 5 so far and this is pretty amazing, love all the QoL features!!
Difficulty Lunatic pretty hard but fair so far so love that too, a bit afraid of huge cast of 60 chars total though, i hate huge cast !!!

@Scraiza

Bugs? :

• When units die they dont leave their inventory in convoy
  • Chapter 14x the 1st southern chest opens with nothing in it over and over and over again when usin assassin but when using normal char with chest keys there is no option to open chest.

There is no need to be afraid of choices :sunglasses:

The second one was addressed, please update your patch.
First one I will look into, that’s def a bug.

1 Like

The items are transfered to convoy after the chapter is over, did you finish the chapter? just tested and it seems to work

i still have hotfix 4 so thats why. ill try later and see with hotfix 10

EDIT: updated to hotfix 10 and lost another unit but no inventory in my convoy again :upside_down_face: lost unlimited anime tome this time

Having finally done a full playthrough of this romhack, i can safely say that this is one of my personal favorites. Just with the amount of effort and love put into it, as well as all the various characters and how strong they can be. While i do wish you kept the branching promotions, especially with a way larger cast than before, I enjoyed each chapter!! I do look forward to seeing more of this too!!

3 Likes

@Scraiza Just finished this amazing romhack, wow this was really good!!

Story was really good and the gameplay was amazing, game was so so hard i had to cheat a bit in the last 3rd of the game! but i liked it since most games today are so damn easy!!Also i said before that i HATE a huge cast but it worked here pretty nicely storywise and also gameplay wise since i LOST a LOT of ppl, A LOT!!!
Also amazing work done with the chapter intro recaps with showing the map and units actually moving in real time to next objective, not many hacks take time to do this!!
And 1 of THE MOST IMPORTANT features of this hack were the newest QoL, these should be the standard for evry hack going forward 2022+, like a remaster for modern times, i loved those a lot!

My only negative is that there were a lot of diffrent custom weapons wich made the game a bit chaotic!!!
(lot of my units died because of these hehehe)

Anyways this was a really great hack and one of my favs now, look forward to the 2nd route!, Good Luck!

FAV char: Naidia !!(she saved my party too many times)

4 Likes

Any chance for a recruitment guide

Already exists.

1 Like

Found the error with the convoy on dead units, fixed it and made the items transfer instantly on death instead of waiting until end of chapter. I’ll update once I fix another bug I found

1 Like

Released a new update, hotfix 14 should hopefully be a stable release, please let me know if you run into units like this after the update!

6 Likes

Just wanna say I’m so excited to play this new release Scraiza your understanding of FE gameplay and design is just so brilliant like when I think of an FE experience to draw inspiration from yours is always first. I’m gonna play this for fun but I’m also really gonna study your stuff its that good

1 Like