[FE8] Fire Emblem Sengoku : Oda v105 (WIP, 8 chapters done)

I just found this. Looking forward to giving it a whirl, as a big fan of Japanese history.

1 Like

I don’t like to post when it’s not a major change, but that’s better than leaving an outdated version up, at least.

Changelogs:

v099:
-Added Vesly’s poison animation speed-up (it’s actually even faster than the default sped-up values)

v100
-Small event fixes
-Fixed some promotion options (I usually don’t early promote, so these things commonly go unnoticed…)

v101
-Made it so buff statuses aren’t removed by terrain recovery

v102
-Fixed mage knight melee animations
-Added promoted battle palettes for Tsunashige
-Changed knight’s relative power back to 3 (I’m not even sure when I changed this, but Tadashige will be fine gaining exp like other units, he’s in sight for further nerfs if anything…)

v103
-Fixed an AI that was making NPCs not protect the throne when ordered to do so

I’ve also recorded the playthrough of the last 4 chapters and will add them to the playlist in the first post in the near future.

EDIT:
Since it’s still not a new chapter, I’ll just keep adding on to this post instead of making a new one.

Versions 104 and 105 are largely thanks to 7743’s feedback.
v104
-Changed arena opponent to be from the fourth allegiance
-Removed a vanilla tutorial event that I missed in chapter 2
-Changed Yaemon: lowered speed, changed his steel axe to an iron axe, and gave him a droppable Metis Tome
-Changed Nobuzane’s starting inventory, instead of a steel sword, he has a slim sword and iron blade
-The armory that used to give an iron blade now gives a body ring and exp
-The invalidation of the truce in the prologue now only happens in the next enemy phase, so that the player has a turn to prepare
-Increased the range of the chapter 2 reinforcement event to make it so it triggers earlier, changed it so it won’t freeze if Masatoyo isn’t where he started, and added branching outcomes (the event battle doesn’t trigger if Masatoyo is already dead, Masatoyo may be killed by Kiyoyasu instead, the Mizuno only betray if Kiyoyasu is killed and Tadamasa is alive, and Nobuhide gloats only if Kiyoyasu is killed), even if it’s virtually impossible for Masatoyo to not kill Kiyoyasu

v105
-Adjustments to poison weapon stats and custom weapons wexp
-Applied Vesly’s autosave patch. I’d removed autosave to enable manual saves due to complaints about having to reset in the longer-than-average chapters. The drawback is that if you never make a manual save you’ll have to restart the chapter. Vesly’s autosave patch was applied as an attempt to make a bridge between the two: it’s better than having no autosave at all, and it will only erase the auto/battle save at the start of player phase and if you don’t have less units than in the previous auto/battle save

v106
-Multiple fixes to chapter 2’s branching eventing that I thought I’d already done, but apparently forgot, thanks to LeskLyfeld’s feedback

3 Likes