[FE8] Fire Emblem: Legends of Avenir

thanks

1 Like

Hello.
I tried to apply the Patch to FE8 Rom but It said the Rom is not compatible with the Patch so I need help.

This is a bug with the current version of LoA. If you are using NUPS, select “Ignore” under what to do if the patch is incompatible. Most patchers have a similar function but NUPS is the only one I’m familiar with.

The new version coming ideally in a few weeks should have this problem (and some other major bugs) resolved, as well as some new content.

Thank you that helped

How Can I Patch This? I used Fire emblem Sacred stones as A ROM File to patch it but it doesn’t work. :< I’m Using Unipatcher

try using NUPS, see if that makes a difference

1 Like

Yes please patch with NUPS, and if you get an error, just ignore it. This’ll be fixed in the coming update.

1 Like

Damn, girl. That Dread Fighter got some 𝒻𝒶𝓃𝒸𝓎 𝓉𝑒𝓍𝓉, yo.

5 Likes

I’m having problems patching the UPS. I’ve patched other projects just to be sure, so its not a rom problem…

Two posts above yours, Snakey mentioned to ignore patching errors. Most patchers should have this as an option. This is an issue with the current version of LoA built off a dirty ROM. There will be a new update out fixing this issue, other issues, and adding more content soon as well.

Summary

Fire Emblem - Legend of Avenir.00a

Now I know why he is everywhere.

Yes please please please just ignore errors during patching. Everything will work perfectly fine. It’s my bad; I think I accidentally made a small edit to my clean FE8 a while back. It’ll be fixed in the update around FEE3.

As much as we’d like a Kendrick party, that sure is a feature bug… Thanks for reporting- just fixed it for the next release.

If I’m bumping, I may as well show off just a little bit of what to expect in our next public release…
We’ll have our 5th and final military route out! We’ve had our wonderful playtesters at work testing it, and we’re really excited to move on to developing the mage routes.
I’ve been showing my gradual progress on Discord, but we’re working on a fully custom character creator for the prologue! No more hacky talk convos: This is fully custom menu wizardry that allows you to pick your form, route, class, and a bane and boon. Here’s the current class selection submenu:
Avenir
We’ve got tons of new art, music (shoutouts to @anon98251803 who’s gone off the deep end with music :smile: ), a completely new EXP routine, a world map for the prologue and cutscenes, 7-move troubadours, and more that we’re excited to show off.

Look for us at FEE3 :eyes:; our plan is to show off our new prologue and a bit of the first mage route. Hope to see you there!

21 Likes

They all said it couldn’t be done. A masterpiece update.

Looking very cool, Snek! Hoping to give this another run sometime soon!

4 Likes

Lots of cool progress. Looking forward to my next run.

That’s one of the coolest-looking screens I’ve seen in a while :open_mouth:

Edit: Is the player able to R-button on the skills to see what skills the class starts with?

Thanks! :grinning:

Unfortunately not only is R-text a mess, but it also screws up the battle animation. I could investigate it later, but it wouldn’t be a priority atm.

Hello, there!

Noguchi and I are going to be recording our FEE3 video next weekend, and we’re going to be answering questions again! So… go ahead and ask us anything from our methodology to our future plans to opinions on design to our takes on pasta to favorite characters to… whatever you want (within reason). You can ask them right here in this thread or in our Discord server.

Have fun at FEE3!

3 Likes

I just tried to apply the UPS patch to a US Sacred Stones rom and I got a message that said the patch didn’t match. I set NUPS to ignore the message and tried again and it seems like it patched fine (Legend of Avenir’s prologue triggered fine, and the game seems to be stable). Has anyone else encountered this? Sorry if this has been asked before, I’m new to this hack.

It’s a well-known issue with the current version. We’ll be releasing a new patch relatively soon that should be much more stable, not have patching error, and will have new content to boot.

1 Like

Hey, just found this hack and loving it so far! I don’t know if its been addressed yet but the promotion sprite for pirate is, kinda broken. Glitched out my game super hard on chapter 4 so i had to restart it.