[FE8] Fire Emblem: Celestaris Book 0 v0.14.0 (WIP) Book II v1.0.3 (WIP), Book I v1.2.4 (Complete)

Update time again, that was a lot sooner than I thought it’d take, huh.

…So out of the fifteen playables that are currently in, there is only one boy playable. Uhhhh… Hmmmm. I should try to add more hot guys again huh.

Still can’t seem to find out why Gaiden Magic healing doesn’t properly use HP as of yet.

There are supposed to be 0% and 100% growth modes but uh… I dunno how to get them to work.

One of the more fun things to add? Well now in the ‘misc’ page you see the race of a character. I love random character info, hehehe.
race

If there was a fifth page I would very likely find more stuff to fill it with. I think all four pages are basically totally filled now, drat.

Anyways, I’ll probably just call this the FEE3 version and will try to look into properly entering it. Hopefully anyone who plays it has fun!

The next version some time after FEE3 will hopefully have a new chapter and more characters to play with, how exciting. …Although the next proper update will probably be that Book I update I mentioned before, we’ll see.

v.0.4.1.20230617121508

• Those missing personal skills before now have them.
  • The ‘protagonists’ (Chapter select characters) are now considered ‘Lord’ characters.
  • The ‘Misc’ page of the character status screens now shows a character’s race. (If one of the features is non-Fire Emblem races, may as well lean into it)
  • Fixed growths option! Will give the option once on the chapter select. Will also work for existing saves when you get to the chapter select next.
  • Unique ultimate weapons will now be ‘refreshed’ upon re-entering their origin chapter as with Book I.
  • The pointless ending spiels from Book I return!
9 Likes

Another bit of a smaller update, but since I’m trying to have a bit of a small break there is naturally going to be a bit less-- still, needs to be done.

Along with that, for fun, the little cast collage thing for those in right now~
EveryoneBookII

v.0.4.2.20230620124321

• Fox mama Anji and fox grandma Azukiiro have had their portraits updated for bigger ears.
  • A few musical themes have had their volumes reduced.
  • Ylva ‘should’ properly rejoin if you redo X-1 (If you looked in the unit menu before you’d not see her there)
  • Tarvos and Maelduin are now also considered mounted for anti-cavalry weaponry.
  • X-2 Kiyiya (Oasis house) will now give you a Hammer instead of Armourslayer. (Which… she still calls a sword now that I think of it, but I’ll fix that later, oops.)
8 Likes

Update time! Book I has received its final (intended) version! Looks like the bunny girl didn’t make the cut. Her skill was too weird for me to think of a proper chapter for, maybe I’ll be able to think on what to do for her later.

Everyone

Book I v.1.2.0.20230626110412

• Character status screen changed to be more consistent with Book II, same with chapter intros (…retroactively)
  • A bunch of map sprites-- mostly monster were squished to decrease the chance for weird map sprite shenanigans.
  • Judgement’s tome icon changed to what it should have been this entire time.
  • Chapter X-S4 now exists!
  • ‘Big Velvet’ portrait updated to be more consistent and have proper fluffy ears.
  • Juniper’s Infinite Energy Engine renamed to Infinite Energy Engine Alpha, nerfed to give +15 STR/SKL and +7 DEF/RES, but they’ve also gained Infinite Energy Engine Delta giving +15 DEF/RES and +7 STR/SKL and Bracing Stance skill.
  • Lyre has a new little animation for her Final Hour bow.
  • Title screen updated a bit.
  • Characters you’ve got killed will now be revived upon doing their origin chapter via the power of necromancy!.. They’ll start at their base stats though, so there is still punishment there.

I will just say right now that, while the game’ll mention the save shenanigans when you beat the new chapter, it is NOT yet accessible!.. Well you could try if you figure out how, but it probably won’t go too well since I still need to update Book II to accept the save properly. Anyways, have fun lovelies!

10 Likes

Now it is Book II’s turn to get an update!.. Uhm… Again.
It seems with this update there are neat little additions here and there! First off, with this update you can now carry your saves from Book I into Book II! Yay for keeping stuff! Sorta, I’ll get to that in a bit, for now the process can be found here~

And a littler thing that might help out with figuring what characters can use at a bit more of a glance, if a character can use special weapon types like Knives or Guns, you’ll now see an icon for them in the weapon level bit of the status screen, neat! …It uh… shows a bar and all that since I’m not sure how to get it to draw the icon itself yet. Ah well.

Book II v.0.4.3.20230627205831

• X-1 there seems to have been a bit of forgotten code which made something spawn when it shouldn’t have, that’s been rectified.
  • Typo fixes.
  • Monster weapons can no longer be yoinked if you capture the monsters (Which… is good, stop pulling zombie claws out and putting them in your pocket ew). (This DOES exclude the ‘Dark’ weapons like Crimson Eye, though!)
  • Removed the ability to throw knives into the supply! (This was because if you put them in you couldn’t get them back out so they’d waste space AND you’d lose the thing.)
  • Silver Weapons are now B Rank, with Brave weapons being A Rank, Steel Axe’s rank corrected to D as well. Greatlances all went down a rank as well. (The Silver Nageyari and Silver Flatbow stay as A Rank)
  • New shiny chapter intros!
  • Character status screen updated a bit.
  • Characters you’ve got killed will now be revived upon doing their origin chapter via the power of necromancy!.. Again.
  • Save file changes, so now there should be room for 200 convoy items like Book I, hopefully this doesn’t kill everything.
  • A number of map sprites (mostly monsters) squished to reduce the chance for map sprite weirdness.
  • Now there’s a more visual indicator on the status screen to show if a unit can use a knife/gun/etc. (Still need to figure how to get rid of the usual bar/text it shows, since those are useless here.)
  • Book I save compatability is here! As of yet it only boosts Velvet’s stats (Being the only current returning character) and keeps most of your convoy items, but keep your completed Book I save handy in case more is added later.

Am I ever going to myself time to like… rest… or am I just going to keep playing around with stuff obsessively? I’m probably going to continue to be obsessive.

9 Likes

Thanks and can you add to first one
Sorry if I being annoying

1 Like

yet another update. Welp. Stupid update go!
Both books updated with things that should have been a thing yet I didn’t think to do or forgot. Oops. Neither have big gameplay things (Well, fixed growths of course, but I mean the chapters are all the same) so feel free to miss these dumb updates. Good thing I have no dignity 'cause it would’ve been embarrassing if I did!

Anyways, like Book II, the fixed growths should be able to occur retroactively in Book I, so you don’t need to restart to use it, but it’s probably best if you do and want to use it to get properly fixed growths or something.

Book I v.1.2.1.20230628205616

• Fox grandma Azukiiro’s portrait updated for proper ears… again. (i forgot for the supposed ‘final’ update oops)
  • Fixed growth mode added as an option.

Book II v.0.4.4.20230628210923

• Extra weapon types on the status screen now only show the icon.

So hopefully if I don’t have to quickly fix or add more dumb changes the next update will be more Book II chapters, a main and a side chapter if things go to plan. Unless I play with more random mechanical stuff… it is quite fun to just poke at the game’s insides…

7 Likes

Some characters like Velvet when you reach the maximum level and start the chapter again the exp number appears “0” instead of “–”, characters that use staff somehow I reach rank S and with another weapon and try to attack rank goes to A and some legendary weapons don’t disappear they are still in some characters’ inventory
Kimmy and Nerisha steal the itens but isn’t in their inventory

1 Like

Send me the sprite you use for your pistol type of weapons.
It is just too simple and it doesn’t fit at all with the rest of weapon types
I will edit it a bit and see if adding some shading it can be better

1 Like

Oh my, more strange things to fix!
We shall have to see if I can figure out the weird level things.
Do have an idea of what could have broken stealing though.

@Lukirioh
Oh, uhm… alright.
WRankIcons

3 Likes

I made a set of 3 edits of each punches and pistols
I hope you like at least one of them
Use whatever you like
And i hope you find well these edits I made for you
Punches and Pistols

1 Like

Quick fixes for Book I, Book II will get any overlapping fixes with the next proper update with more chapters.

Book I v.1.2.2.20230704090918

• You should be able to steal things properly again!
  • No more weapon rank limits, if a character has a rank it can become S.
  • The level cap glitch should be fixed now.

@Lukirioh
My, danke! They do indeed look quite better than the ‘eh’ icons I did, haha. I still don’t have a character who actually uses fist weapons yet for the second thing. Hmmmm. Anyways, how they look in-game~
Wunderbar!

…While I’m here, the next Book II update will also include variable race descriptions for those who would like to learn more about the race, perhaps!
yay for pointless knowledge!

7 Likes

Weird progress time! X-S2 is basically done up and X-3 is about to be worked on in full, still just setting things up everywhere and need to… attempt to plan it? (I am not someone who can plan well, I’m 80% spontaneous. take that as you will)
Anyways.
progress
…You look familiar.
Ah well it’s probably my imagination.
I was about to say the chapter should be easy enough to do up since I’m basically done with playing with mechanics and stuff, but one of the playables of the chapter needs something new. I can never make things easy for myself.
I’ve no idea when the next update will be up, I’ll probably have even less free time to do stuff soon enough so that means progress will slow a bit… Hmmmm… We’ll see. Hopefully everyone is doing well! If not I’ll bite the unwellness! Fear me?

5 Likes

Yuki gain exp when she was a green unit and legendary weapons didn’t disappear from inventory after you repeat the chapter
Almost forgot the chapter selection seems to have an enemy there, but there isn’t

1 Like

Yuki getting exp as an NPC I uh… I assume it’s a weird thing related to the Blossom skill. Hmmmm… let’s just call it an easter egg or character quirk so i can lazily not figure it out, ahaha… …I literally feel like keeping it because it seems like it could be a fun little thing… Hmmmm. I’ll need to look at the Blossom skill at some point.

I am not seeing the ultimate weapon thing at all, they’re all removed properly for me, perhaps it’s a difference in emulator? I’m using VBA to play it.

And aside from that, more updates… unexpectedly, but fixing stupid glitches pulls releases ahead further than intended. This also means that Book II has a new side chapter playable so that might be nice.

Book I v.1.2.3.20230709222900

• Weird chapter select glitchy enemies are no longer an issue.

EveryoneBookII

Book II v0.5.0.20230709225319

• Now you may freely move in the chapter select!
  • Chapter X-S2 is now playable!
  • You can check a character’s race description to learn more about their race!
  • No more weapon rank limits, if a character has a rank it can become S.
  • The level cap glitch should be fixed now.
  • Typo fixes and description updates.
  • Special weapon rank icons updated thanks to Lukirioh!
  • Dancer ring usability is now shown in the weapon types. Same with Monsters showing an icon for the ‘Evil’ type.
  • More weapon types! X-1 Xtabay’s Demilune is now considered a Scythe.
  • Now you can toss knives into the convoy again! Some jiggery-pokery was done so it may take a while to get used to new item placements.
  • Weird chapter select glitchy enemies are no longer an issue.

Hopefully the bigger crashy glitches will stop so I can actually slow down a bit, that’d be rather nice!

4 Likes

I’m using MyBoy

1 Like

I’m not a phone person so I’m not really able to check it myself. Hmmmm… Going to be weird to think a solution for an issue I can’t test, haha…

Slight progress! Uh… biggest things left are enemy placements and ending stuff, probably a few other shenanigans featuring character highlighted in screenshot 1.

CelestarisBookII.emulatorCelestarisBookII.emulator1
The ‘clone’ chapter! Hehehe.
If you thought one of me was insufferable, how about a whole bunch of them? Have fun.
It is a little known fact that a certain… moderately small foxgirl can replicate asexually after eating enough cheese-- just split into two!

I’m definitely starting up on something new on Monday so that means likely less time to work on this, so if I don’t miraculously release the next update tomorrow it will likely not be for a while.

5 Likes

Will this update be the last one? Would they both be playable from start to finish with this last one? Also thanks for all these wonderful updates. I love your sprites and the way you’re building this nice little hack. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Not unless I spontaneously get bored and drop everything!.. which is not unlikely!
Book II should hopefully be longer than the first was. Probably.
Danke!

It seems with the power of squish and not the power of miracles I ‘did’ get the chapter done today. Although only like, half of what I wanted to do with it. Maybe I’ll be able to do the other half when I get my hands on more free time next.

it’s probably a wee bit foolish to just keep releasing unfinished things, but i’ve never liked when cool things go unreleased, not to say that what I’m doing is objectively cool, but it’s subjectively really fun for me so close enough for this. Point here is I’d much rather an unfinished demo than absolutely nothing.

Aside from that little ramble, instead of constantly relinking new uploads in the first post it now just leads to a folder with all versions of both books (and future ones), so if you’re a curious individual you may play early versions.

EveryoneBookII

Book II v1.0.0.20230716162153

• Typo fixes and description updates.
  • Chapter X-3 is now playable!

Now with three proper chapters that makes for a proper v1.0.0! …Why three main chapters for a v1? Idunno it’s what i did for Book I so it’s just for consistency I guess. do i really look like i know what i’m doing welp. At least this time we should have characters reappear more often instead of just new characters all the time, so more chapters should be able to fit in here. Swell!

…I just noticed I don’t think I have actually explained my method of versioning things! Let’s go through that because I know you all like to suffer listening to this derp ramble on! The first digit (v(1).0.0) I use for big huge overhauls, or updates, or milestones, kinda rare, but they are supposedly big. The second digit (v1.(0).0) I use for new chapters, simple. The third digit (v1.0.(0)) is just for random updates or glitch fixes, also rather simple. There we go, I have now stolen your time with pointless knowledge. mwahahaha.

7 Likes

More updates for both, hopefully with a new title screen Book I is DONE. …More done. I’ll still try to fix things up, naturally but nothing new to be added, hopefully. As for Book II this is mostly for a pretty big mistake I made, ahaha… well done stupid. Aside from that fun little things were added, one to add to efficiency, the other is an extra for people who also played that FE8 PME that I’ll probably resume soon… or you could cheat and try to find the password in FEBuilder but that’s boring. Anyways!

Book I v.1.2.4.20230718172152

• Title screen updated more. Opening ‘movie’ no longer plays.

Book II v1.0.1.20230718201230

• Weird character stuff should be fixed after finishing X-3 (For example losing Veliko if you didn’t open his cell)
  • A new ‘Battle Preparation map’ to sort through character inventories more efficiently.
  • A new ‘Password’ system, right now there is only one password that will be revealed in that ‘Just Another FE8 PME’ I’m working on.
  • Title screen updated a bit.
5 Likes