[FE8] FE1 Shadow Dragon Faithful Remaster V1.9.2

I knew it was you XD

For the OP, more modern style portraits now available for every boss and playable character in Shadow Dragon bar Heimler (and the Captain)

3 Likes

Alas, if you knew what bad tricks memory plays.:face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

OP has some work now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thanks for posting this! I have been working on implementing these portraits in a upcoming update. Big ups to the user know as Thorn for doing this for the community.

Yes I do haha, after a long time of not working on it.

1 Like

Alright everyone, huge thanks to the user Thorn for remaking all the SD characters into F2U GBA portraits. This wonderful out of the blue development has made me implement all of the portraits in this hack. This has vastly improved the visuals of the characters. If you didn’t like the SNES portraits, then this update is for you as they are now replaced with vastly improved ones from the user Thorn.

V1.6 Changelog:

• Replaced all of the SNES portraits with improved GBA styled ones.

Edit: I will also at some time have to update the screenshots.
Edit 2: Screenshots are done and I also fixed a wrong portrait for one of the bosses.

11 Likes

Is it normal that Resistance grow is “0” by every unit? - checked first chapter

Resistance basically didn’t exist in the original Shadow Dragon. Even Talismans were basically a glorified Holy Water.

yooo, glad you liked those mugs.

1 Like

I just tested it and Medeus definitely has 35 defense in FE1. 17 strength Marth does no damage with Mercurius and 12 with Falchion. He has 12 defense so the other 23 is presumably coming from the earthstone.

Edit: The issue with this hack seems to be that Falchion only has double effectiveness instead of triple. I think the legendary weapons in FE8 only had double effectiveness so if this is replacing one of them that might explain it.

2 Likes

Also I figured I’d just note that Medeus is immune to magic even at 1 range. Not sure if that has been mentioned yet.

Edit: Curiosities that I’ve noticed while poking around in FEBuilder: Tiki’s version of manakete has the same weaknesses as the flying units (maybe a leftover from Myrrh?) and you can promote at any level.

Edit 2: Yoooo I got the geosphere working:

The AoE looks buggy when you use it but it functions right; it hits every unit on the map.

Edit once again: If you give the “empty slot” item the “rightful arch” skill it makes the starsphere effect guaranteed.

2 Likes

I wasn’t even aware that some legendary weapons only did x2 instead of x3 damage. I managed to fixed this.

That is intended, the wikis state that Medeus is immune to all magic attacks.

Ok, I fixed both of these issues. I don’t why the promotion issue occurred.

Are you sure that you posted the correct screenshots? I tried what you did and It only does a small amount of damage, and it doesn’t attack every unit on the map.

Ok, I thought this didn’t worked but I forgot to enable “passiveboosts”. Thanks for this workaround.

I just tested the geosphere on chapter 24 and it hit every single unit except for a single manakete, so I guess it isn’t perfect (though it does hurt mage dragons despite being “magic damage”). You can change the damage with the “PowerUpperBound” and “PowerLowerBound” fields. Did you edit the values for all four directions like in the second screenshot? Also make sure the “RangeMask” field matches the range template you apply the edit to.

An issue: this version of the geosphere can hurt Gharnef. There is a setting in the “Config” field that makes the damage nonlethal at least. Although that said I don’t know if the geosphere can be lethal in FE1?

Oh, I understand now, thanks.

According to the wiki it leaves units with 1HP instead of being lethal.

A Issue I’m facing is that there is a limit on how many spaces that I can change. Look at this screenshot below. How did you manage to achieve max range? Also, expanding the FEB window doesn’t do anything.

Okay so like an idiot I didn’t actually open that page and instead just typed the 811EE10 value directly into the bar. Now when I try to open it FEBuilder just crashes. I can still edit the value directly so it’s not a permanent issue but this is making me think this might not be a smart way to implement this.

I see what you mean now. Yeah, this may not be the best way to implement this but it still kinda does the job anyways. I’ll try to mess around with it tomorrow and then release a update.

I skipped recruiting Wrys and Castor and they both still spawned in chapter 3.
Edit: The chapter 6 thieves don’t try to escape the map after stealing the treasure. They just run to the nearest player unit and attack them.
Edit: The first Gharnef you kill in chapter 23 gives his death monologue even if it’s a fake.

Fixed.

I’m pretty sure that is case for FE1 but not for remakes. This is all according to the wiki.

Darn it, I totally forgot to fix this, my bad lol.

Fixed.

Thanks again, for reporting these issues.

V1.7 Change Log:

• Fixed Falchion only doing x2 bonus damage instead of x3.
  • Fixed a possible issue of Tiki being weak to bows.
  • Fixed a issue where any unit could promote at any level.
  • Geosphere’s effect is implemented, though it does appear to be a bit buggy.
  • Starsphere’s effect is implemented.
  • Fixed a issue where if Wrys or Castor weren’t recruited, they would still spawn in chapter 3.
  • Fixed some bosses’ portraits.
  • Fixed Gharnef’s death dialogue.
2 Likes

So I recruited Matthis before he started a fight and the first time I attacked with him as a player unit he said his battle dialogue about wanting to see Lena despite having just talked to her. I was able to stop this from happening by switching the completion flag for the talk event to the battle quote flag. This seems like it’s an issue with any recruitable unit that has a battle conversation.

I’ve figured how to get Scraiza’s freelancer transformation ASM working with the hack. I could post a patch for it here if you like.

Details:

• Only works with Xane’s character ID and the freelancer class ID together.
  • Lasts 5 turns, ends at the start of player phase.
  • Uses character slot C4 to store data for a clone unit the ASM needs to function. This character is currently unused in the hack (I’m pretty sure). Although even if it were used, from my testing I don’t think there would be any noticeable effect on the game even if the unit were on the map.
  • Copies the selected unit’s class, weapon ranks and stats (copies max HP but not current HP). Does not copy their name/portrait.
  • If Xane levels up he gains stats using his growths rather than those of the unit that was copied. His stats revert to what they were before transforming after the transformation completes regardless of whether he gained any stats.

Edit: Xane can use Falchion while transformed into Marth lol
Edit: Hammerne and Aum can be used by any staff unit

1 Like