[FE8] [Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

Man i think ephraim’s route needs a rebalance because in this chapter i dont remember the number of it, where you fight against monsters on the sea, i just got totally owned by all of the reinforcements specially the gargoyles, man, even with my well trained neimi and some more strong characters i had, i didn’t stood a chance, thank god i was playing on casual, or i could have lost like 7 units in one chapter

This is all valid criticism and will be addressed in a future update. Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

Does Seth ever get more than one exp?

By the way, are leadership stars only distributed to royals ? Like Ephraim, Eirika, Tana etc.

Because I think it extremely weird that these people (excluding Ephraim, Joshua and Innes) posses leadership qualities for army. There are experienced units like Seth, Duessel, Garcia and Gerik who deserve those leadership stars more than Eirika or Tana. I’m not telling this because they are women. It’s just said by the story that Eirika and Tana hate violence and they clearly never leaded an army.

Ephraim comparatively deserve more leadership stars as he have proven himself a bona fide genius by doing many great feats.

These are just my thoughts. I would like to know everyone else’s opinion about this and see if these changes can be arranged.

About update… I am enjoying some changes and the new arrangement of skills. Eirika’s promoted animation is freaking awesome.

5 Likes

I agree about Tana but Eirika actually makes sense since she is one of the protagonists and thus, one of the leaders of the army.

1 Like

The exp system was changed, Seth only gains normal exp against promoted enemies.

I want to say I really enjoy this romhack! I’ve had a ton of fun playing through it and massively enjoy the additions to FE8 with the skill system and animations and such. I’m about to play chapter 14 in my playthrough, though I’ve slowed down a bit because this inspired me to start working on my own hack after an insomnia fueled night in google sheets xD

I’m starting to compile assets together and I really like the weapon icons you used here though i don’t see some of them in the repo. Specifically the iron/steel weapons and the javelins/spears. Would it be okay if I used the ones in your hack and who should I credit to do so?

2 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it! I understand the sentiment, as I only started making sacred trilogy after playing and being inspired by sacred war.

Regarding the weapon icons, I used several sources from the repo, but I’d say 70% of them are from Ereshkigal’s sheet and 10% from LordGlenn. The iron and steel icons are personal edits I made from Ereshkigal’s sheet, iirc. If you’re gonna give credit, give it to Ereshkigal.

1 Like

I think that’s how it is with a lot of modding projects. I remember years ago trying to do stuff with RTS editors, but weirdly enough modding Fire Emblem feels a bit easier to do even though it’s way more complicated haha.

Thanks so much! I’ll make sure to do that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Blood, what was the reason for swapping warrior for arbalest for Neimi’s 3rd promotion? Flying Neimi was one of my favorite things about the hack

Love the hack btw, this is my third time through it, back a couple years after my first couple play throughs

If you’ve something to add to your post, edit it instead of double-posting.
I’ve merged your posts.

Hello!
Your hack is great, I’m truly loving it! On a side note, I was wondering if there was any spread sheet with all the skills but with descriptions, like I don’t know which path to promote to and it bothers me, as I can compare skills units get with the existant spread sheet. … Without knowing what they do. So if any of you have any advice considering the skills and even bonuses given by every choices, I’ll gladly take it!
Again, thanks for the rebalance, it’s great!

I just thought it fit her better? The arbalest animation is not really palette-friendly…

Now that you mention it, the hack has been around for quite some time, eh? Glad you enjoyed it!

I might get around to making one sometime, since I’m planning to include skill scrolls for the next update.However, it does seem like a lot of work and it’s getting rarer and rarer to find spare time to work on this…

1 Like

Been enjoying the mod so far but I have a few questions. Is there a reason why Vidofnir has a might of 15? The Audhulma has a might of 20 and the Garm is 22 I feel like Vidofnir should have a might of 21.

I was also wondering how come the bishop sprite from previous versions was removed and returned to the vanilla version i was a big fan of the previous sprite it’s not the biggest deal just curious why it was removed.

The last question i was wondering what happened to Marisa’s swordmaster sprite I remember being a fan of the previous one but and I don’t want to come off as rude when saying this but now the new sprite deterred me from picking SM

That was, in fact, the intended value. Quiet a grave oversight on my part.

I replaced some of the class animations according to my own preference over the last few updates, but lately, people who played the older versions have voiced their disapproval. I’m gonna run some polls asking people which animations they prefer.

Vote for your prefered animations!

1.Bishop (M)

Vanilla

Patriarch

• Vanilla
  • Patriarch by MrNight48

0 voters

2.Bishop (F)

Vanilla

Matriarch

• Vanilla
  • Matriarch by MrNight48

0 voters

3.Marisa (Swordmaster)

Redbean’s Marisa

Aruka’s Marisa

• Redbean
  • Aruka

0 voters

4.Neimi’s third promotion

Warrior

Arbalest

• Arbalest by Eldritch
  • Warrior by Temp

0 voters

5.Soldier

FE10-Style

FE15-Style

• FE 10 Style by Nuramon
  • FE 15 Style by Nuramon

0 voters

I’ll add some more if people request them.

9 Likes

Hey @blood thank you for this rebalance/hack. I’m really enjoying it. I love the sprites, weapons, harder bosses, and stuff to steal :nerd_face:. This feels like a more polished version of FE8 that I wish I had sooner. Great job friend - cheers!

3 Likes

Blood have you considered adding the QOL feature in Vision Quest that allows you to combine partially used weapons?

Really makes inventory management a lot more, uh, manageable :sweat_smile:.

By the way I love being able to actually use siege tomes and magic weapons. In vanilla those things were always hard to come by and therefore “too good to use.”

So i’ve played this thing 4 times already and i’ve had a utter blast…stellar work with the animations, new skills, revamped Ruins, revamped classes (Halberdier Amelia and Gladiator Gerik are monsters). I would like to point out a few issues/nitpicks i’ve had during my runs thougth:

• Everytime I’ve had a Dark Knight attack my Gladiator Gerik from 3-range, the game would freeze…i assume this is because of some bad interaction with his Nihil skill canceling enemy skills.

• The Corona skill on Bishops is bugged. It’s triggering always on the first hit and with no visual cue. I’ve lost two units on count of that.

• The Vengeance skill is also not working: it is triggering at all the wrong times, so the damage numbers i’m getting never match up.

• The Adept Skill often triggers without the visual cue.

• Since you’ve added Hayden to the regular troops in chapter 20, maybe he could get with a buff to his base stats…his hit rates are very shaky early on, he’s very slow, and he can’t even kill units he deals effective damage to. Not to mention his HP/Defense is very low for a Knight-type unit, which adds insult to injury when you find out that he’s vulnerable to both Horseslayers AND Armorslayers.

• This is a personal gripe of mine, but i hated the Rally skills. Wasting a unit’s turn just to buff another one’s stat left a bad taste in my mouth…made even worse by the fact that it’s a unit’s personal skill…if it were a class skill i could look past it…hell the Drive skills from the Creature Campaign units were a much better version of the same concept.

• Another personal gripe of mine, but i would have swapped Ross’ Puissance with and Dozla’s Heavy Strikes…It would give Ross more scaling potential based around Berserker crits, which is something that he should have as a Trainee, while Dozla is all about brute strength.

• Also the Liquid Ooze and Countermagic skills are bugged. If my HP goes below 0 because of it my bar refills until the number becomes a ?? the game freezes for a few seconds and then my HP is reset to full. With Countermagic sometimes the damage i take from it is erased when i jump from one battle to another.

• One other thing I gotta nitpick is L’ Arachel personal promotional class. It’s visually much more faithful to her character and using Light magic makes more sense than Anima but to only get a single modified aura skill is underwhelming. At least give her the Slayer skill, it fits her lore to a T and it would give her the boost she needed to fulfill her quasi-Est potential.

• Also Myrrh is very underpowered. This wouldn’t be much of an issue if her EXP gains were as fast as Fae’s from FE6 where one kill was one full bar of EXP or close to that. But here she levels up at the rate of a pre-promote with the stats of a level 1 unit. And she only really shines once she gets her third Dragonstone, considering most of her skills are utility/survival focused. And the fact that she doesn’t get a pallete swap like she gets on her second stone is sad…it would fit her nicely if her third stone gave her the same pallete/transformation animation as living Morva gets in that short where he fights Leon.

I’m sorry if this seems like i’m tearing through your work, i’m really not, i really loved it to death and there was clearly alot of work and passion put into it, these are just nitpicks and issues i ran into. But one of the reasons i’m writing this is to ask if you’d ever be interested in doing the same type of reskin/rebalance/skill addition on Blazing Blade. I feel like that game has even more potential with it’s cast of characters…hell if something as conservative as the Mengs update made the game that much better, imagine what something like your work could do.

2 Likes

Honestly it would be cool if you could add the Aruka animations of Marisa’s swordmaster class with the Redbean’s pallete/costume.

1 Like