[FE8] [Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

Hey guys, I just updated the list of skills and the promotion chart. Check the first post of this thread to view them.

I see. Unfortunately, I lack the knowledge to fix/modify the skills, so I can’t do anything about it. I’ll put this in the “known issues” list.

This is it: the final planned update for Sacred Trilogy. Now I can finally move on and start working on something else :smiley:

-Added the Gorgon egg animations made by Ryn. Additionally, the eggs should reward more EXP
-Slight increase of constitution for the super trainee classes
-Added the recently released animations for the monarch class

Also, this is undertandably gonna upset some people, but I made substantial changes for the skill system. Most of it will require a fresh new game in order to take effect.
-I took great care to remove skills that were only useful for the player from classes that could belong to enemy units. This means skills like provoke and savior were made personal and replaced by others.
-Canto+ is a huge advantage to mounted units. In order to make unmounted units counter it, they all received a movement skill, such as Shove or Swap.
-Skillsets for some classes were changed. Some personal skills were also changed. Please view the Skill list on the first post to identify the relevant changes (I’ll update it as soon as I finish this post)
-Personal skills are unique to each character, meaning no other unit will ever have access to them.

That’s basically it. I don’t intend to work on this project anymore, unless a game-breaking bug is found (which is unlikely). It’s been a fun and bumpy ride, but it’s time to move on. Thanks to everybody who playtested and helped the project somehow during development. Also, huge thanks to the hacking community for all the assets that made this project possible. I’ll properly credit everybody soon (it’s a lot of stuff…).

10 Likes

TFW you see your name credited

4 Likes

First of love the edit/hack, ai changes are good and working for me. But a quick question what do all the skills do, there is no description in the dropbox document.

pretty sure you can check with R in the hack, unless that was changed for some reason.

The R button on the character menu. You’ve never done that? Sure you have if you’ve played fire emblem!

I think maybe they meant they wanted descriptions of the skills outside of the game itself, in the documentation?

Or maybe they just didn’t realize the R-button cursor could go down there now, since obviously it’s not an original part of the menu.

It’s possible but we’ll never know without specification

In FE Vanilla you can easy traverse the entire menu with R, so it seemed natural to me I suppose

The hack is great, things like the new classes and the reworked anima tomes are highly appreciated (Lute with elwind will make any other mage feel underpowered from now on), but the skill system is what really makes the characters and classes feel unique.

On that topic I agree that a list of effects along with the other documentation would be amazing, not knowing what some skills of tier 2 classes are gonna be like name aside makes the promotion choice less informed (a lot of them are just obvious though).

Special mention for Gilliam going from a barely decent unit to an asset on par with a dancer thanks to how consistent his personal is. Flier in range of ballista? Lord at 2 hp? Healer that gets oneshot? NO, let’s all attack the big armored guy, so far only seige tomes have been able to ignore him, but he doesn’t really wanna take those anyway, and Praeton promotion is arguably better than even paladin.

1 Like

I don’t know how it happened, but dragoon Amelia is the strongest unit I have

Is there any place to discuss the meta? (a discord or something).

After promoting to hero my Gerik has 6+2 move seemingly out of nowhere.

I’m enjoying the hack so much, but there’s one problem about Sol skill: it reduces user’s Hp instead of healing. Can you fix it? My thanks.

1 Like

90% of the time this happens is because people are activating Sol/Aether against an enemy that has the Liquid Ooze skill, which causes the player unit to take damage instead.

oh hi blood can you tell me the difference between the fixed and random growths? and are you still working on this hack?

I, how, what.

I guess thats my RPG brain for me.
Fixed Growths is basically at level 3 “insert name here” always get +1 to HP, SPD and DEF.

While random growths are just normal FE.

also no, he isn’t. Unless some violently game breaking bug suddenly sprouts up, this hack is 100% complete from my er… understanding.

oh ok thanks

Thanks for the reply, it’s really the Ooze skill. Btw may I ask what does Resourceful skill do exactly?

Does anyone have an ar code to fill the supply with weapons and items that would work with the 200 supply setup?

There isn’t one. You’re better off just adding items to a character’s inventory with the builder, which lets you do far more anyway.

this took me 3 days to beat, i loved it, by chance is there something like this for the other 2 GBA games that you have made or helped work on? i would very much like to continue seeing those amazing animations with the sweet sprites

2 Likes