[FE8] [Complete] The Dark Amulet v1.6 (08/08/2024)

Man of culture, right here :coffee:

No, absolutely not. Those chests aren’t going to open themselves.

3 Likes

I disagree with this. This gives us a chance a to play our favourite villains.

Also, I agree Edric is very underwhelming. I had to feed him speedwings just so that he doesn’t get doubled by final boss because his defence wasn’t any good either. Elyse could use a bit of buff in speed growth department. I say this because she has poor availability and she most likely promotes before hitting level 20 because it’s story promotion.

Honestly, looking at all of these made me think of a few other things I’d like to suggest too:

1.) Buffing Edgar’s growths slightly in places- I feel like even though he is a Sniper with Point-Blank, he still really fails to find a niche compared to a trained Miley, arguably, because, well…

You don’t put a Sniper on the frontlines, usually, and his toolset doesn’t exactly help that either… at least imo.

If I had to suggest a solution that doesnt involve buffing growths… maybe a Prf. Bow that makes him take less damage (or maybe deal if you want glass cannon) if he’s up close and personal in his opponent’s face?

2.) I realize that in hindsight, Nadya is a bad example of units not having clear niches.

Imo, a better example is Leandra- she seems like she’d be the light magic dps compared to, say, Catrine, but she gets Valkyrie while Catrine gets Bishop… and being real here given Catrine’s Mag. Growth Issues, the promotions should have been swapped around.

Also, it doesn’t help that, for a unit whose apparently not supposed to be your main healer, she has a Talk event that gives her a Prf. Staff.

If the promos were swapped, then it gives Catrine more utility since the mobility of the valkyrie helps compensate otherwise for her lack of range on staffs, while for Leandra, it helps her be a better light magic offensive unit, and an especially effective one versus, say, the lategame (and especially the Endgame) bulky monsters.

The way I see it, then, you’d have Julia who’s the best overall user of staffs, Leandra as the best person to use Light Magic, and Catrine as a middle ground who could do either; and compensates for her low offenses with higher mobility.

As it stands, Catrine… has issues with consistently one rounding monsters without support buffs and/or critting, and given how most of said monsters use weapons that hit her defense stat… yeah.

Meanwhile Leandra can do a lot of damage as a Valkyrie, sure, but… yeah.

Hey Telos, thanks for the feedback. I take your point regarding Edgar - he’s meant to be the ‘frontline archer’ but his stats don’t really tell that story. I think I’ll juice up his DEF and HP (both bases and growths) a bit in the next update, so he’s a more solid pre-promote that you can easily slot into your team if Miley and Donnal didn’t turn out very strong.

2 Likes

Yep, that would be greatly appreciated. And thanks!

Also speaking of Edgar…

Spoiler!

That Secret Event with Ruslan, man.
Ruslan gets that Death Fang… and Edgar gets nothing?

Like Ruslan does benefit from the Death Fang but like… I wish Edgar got somethkng too considering it’s supposed to be a combination attack lmao.

Of course, if he does get something and I’m forgetting it, feel free to disregard this.

Edgar doesn’t get anything. Of the 30 characters, I think only 8 of them do not get PRFs, and Edgar is one of the sorry 8 :stuck_out_tongue:

Come to think of it…

About those 8...

Arent the majority of those eight the people who don’t have Paired Endings?

I call bias smh.

Characters without PRFs:

• Griss
  • Rowan
  • Rivkah
  • Othello
  • Sophia
  • Ruslan
  • Hadrian
  • Edgar
  • Nadya

Characters without Paired Endings:

• Nadya
  • Hadrian

Nadya is getting a PRF in the next update. Ruslan kind of has PRFs insofar as he’s the only character that can use monster weapons, so his weapons are always only for him. So, 7 without PRFs (I think, I might be missing someone)

Hi, this looks great! Is there any chance you can create a patch with fixed growths?

Is the warhammer not a prf for Griss? I forget.

Are Elyse/Edric & Othello/Sophia paired endings obtainable? I deployed them on every map since recruitment ( or re-recruitment for Elyse ) and i’ve only gotten a B support for the respective pairings

Warhammer can be used by anyone who has sufficient axe rank. On promotion, Griss has enough axe rank to use it so it feels like a PRF for him, but it isn’t. If I’m not using Griss, I like to give the Warhammer to Hadima. Flying warhammer does good work.

@Nuggies In the newest version, Elyse/Edric and Othello/Sophia A supports should be obtainable. Can you confirm you’re playing version 1.2?

1 Like

Just gotta say, I am loving this hack. Only to ch. 10 so far, but the gameplay is solid, and the story so far has been my favorite of all FE hacks ive played.

2 Likes

The discord invite link doesn’t work for me.

Just found out i’ve been using version 1.1… I’ll be sure to get the latest version. Thanks for replying-

1 Like

Question about chapter 9

I managed to kill Fenix and every single fow in this chapter thanks to Hilda. Is he dead for real or it will change nothing for the future

Still loving the game, but I do have one suggestion. Sheilas promotion skill really is a terrible fit. Her use as a rogue and celerity is to get around the map stealing and opening chests. Ideally there should never be a need for her to fight at all, especially with her strength growth as she wont be doing any damage to most enemys anyway. A much better fit would be shade/stealth.

The discord invite link is invalid

It changes nothing. In fact, you were not supposed to be able to do that. So, congratulations I guess :rofl:

1 Like

Just uploaded the v1.3 update. Patch notes are included in the original post. Some bug fixes, some balancing, nothing too major.

@Armory Also added a new Discord link and set this one to never expire! :slight_smile:

6 Likes