[FE8] [COMPLETE] Host of the Dark 2.5 (25 main chapters, 4 gaidens) + 0%, Fixed, and Casual modes!

The game hanged after chapter 7​:face_holding_back_tears::face_holding_back_tears::face_holding_back_tears::face_holding_back_tears:

Please read the OP next time

New here to the forum, is there a secret shop in every chapter or only in certain chapters?

Hi welcome to the forums, you’ll be told that there’ll be a secret shop in every chapter there is one other than the first and last ones as they are meant to be more secretive

Thank you very much

Happy holidays FEU!
Today we have many buffs and nerfs to many units, some story changes, two new support chains, and Barya love!
Viskam has been voted on in the HotD Discord to get extensive changes so that she has! Being a much better mid game option that gets outclassed slower by alternatives like Tamaki and Barya!

I hope everyone has a good holiday season and enjoys this gift from me to you!

6 Likes

So I just got to part 2. I’m said with the way part 1 ended but excited to see what’s next. I LOVE Sal’s portrait!!! Like omg didn’t even know it was a guy at first lol.

1 Like

Hey all we’ve got an update! New chapter and some balancing changes!

Oh and Maria got a really really good prf but don’t worry about thaaaaat

4 Likes

Got a question im playing on my boy after chapter 7 ends is just goes on black screen, what can i do?

Nvm it sucks that i have to let those items stats go but i guess

Yeah it’s an unfortunate side effect of implementing the system that’s now in place but you weren’t missing much, especially on a first run where you don’t know what does and doesn’t carry over to maximize gain.

Unit stats don’t carry over at all so you’re only missing the items

You asked for no sugarcoating, so I’ll be as direct and honest as I can be. Overall, I enjoyed this romhack a lot. The art style/sprites were pretty ugly and hard to look at at first, but then they started getting better or replaced. Some are still eh, but most of them are unique enough without being jarring.
I absolutely love the changes to items in particular, like Slim Lances, Shine Spark, etc. You probably have some of the best combat I’ve played in a romhack because of those changes. Also, you have props from me on the final secret shop location. I had a sneaking suspicion.

Pros

-Many arenas, test your luck!
-Plentitude of unique or interesting weapons.
-Combat feels fresh, stats given to items in particular the Slim Lance actually make them usable.
-Unique setting, unique characters and races. Creative.
-Dgarr
-Accessibility options/difficulty modifiers.
-Many secret shops, and they’re explicitly told to you which chapters. Thank you!
-Weapon skills go up noticeably quickly, you might use more than one weapon type per character!

Cons

-My fucking eyes??? Everything is so bright.
-Few supports. Juniper and Davey getting none make sense. The game isn’t hard enough that it requires supports for the stat boosts, so it’s not a huge downside I just like character development. (In which case, Sal’s are done extremely well!)
-Part 1 goes so fast I should sue for whiplash. It feels really rushed, like cramming 5 seasons of a show into one.
-Very small convoy space (100, compared to the usual 150-200 of most romhacks) but so many secret shops. This isn’t a huge deal, it just requires a lot of inventory management if you plan on buying and selling things in bulk. I’d have preferred 150.

Bugs

-Retention Bands cannot be removed from inventory. RIP Sal’s 5th inventory slot. Also, the bonus applies regardless of who’s holding them. I had to restart the chapter where Hellen gives you one a bunch of times, and you get a new one each time you restart which lead to me having quite a few.
-Estel cannot use Rapiers. To my knowledge, no one can.
-Many, many visual glitches. Especially when transferring scenes (IE going from enemy general POV to back to your forces, or visiting a Sol flashback)

2 Likes

Do we have a way to know what happened at the end of part 1 or we gonna know in the game ?

At the bottom of the op there’s a description of what you missed with the crash. Other than that you’ll find out in story.

Also bugfix patch y’all apologies for the Estel stuff and multi band gaming

2 Likes

Nice hack, but I think it needs some fixes :slight_smile:

How can I play this on Android, please wanna try it out

Through patching it with a site like rompatcher JS to apply the UPS file to a vanilla US Sacred Stones rom and playing with an GBA emulator.

Most android emulators a framed off of a computer emulator called VBA that has a bug with HotD detailed in the OP.

1 Like

Thankss man, Im intrigued by your FE creation hehe wanna try it out.

Hey all, new huge update!
Lots of new weapons and writing reworks.

Right now, I’m hard at work on Dawn of the Dark so right now there aren’t as many story improvements as I’d have liked, but it’s at a decent spot. I hope y’all enjoy this big new update!

As always check the patch notes

7 Likes

Hello can someone help me? i tried but i cant aplly nups or ips for play, the gba just show white windows ;/