[FE8] [COMPLETE] Host of the Dark 2.5 (25 main chapters, 4 gaidens) + 0%, Fixed, and Casual modes!

As one of the first people who playtested this, I pointed out a ton of grammar mistakes. It’s simply not. A. Priority. You are literally the only person who cares, and part 1 is where 80% of the typos are, since that was all written incredibly early on. I promise it gets more readable.

3 Likes

I’m on chapter 19, and I’ve killed all enemies except the elder himself, and no boss is spawning. Is the elder supposed to the boss I kill to get the second one to spawn? Because that’s mechanically impossible. I’ve checked the hit rates against his evasion, and I have nobody who has a chance of landing a hit on him.

I think I’m on version 1.7. Is that the one where ch 19 is broken?

Yes I believe so unfortunately you’ll have to update the rom and restart the chapter

Dang, that’s what I was afraid of. Oh well, nothing else but to get back to it.

1 Like

Apologies for the trouble but thankfully the save file is compatible with the most recent version so the only progress lost is just the current chapter progress (unless you have a save state just before the first boss is defeated)

Wait, did I read some people up there talking about paired endings? That does mean… You have implemented the supports at last @theghostcreator ?

1 Like

Yes as of right now there are quite a few supports implemented and a few paired endings. The amount implemented is as of now incomplete but it will be updated slowly as new patches release. One being expected soon actually.

2 Likes

That’s good to know. I hope I can enjoy the full experience soon.

1 Like

HotD1.9-0
Hello everyone, i hope you all are doing well
I’m here because i decided to give a try to your romhack. Everything was going well until Chp 12 . When i broke the walls to reach Max , it happened that i couldn’t and still can’t get through, which means that i’m stuck and wondering if this issue will be solved by restarting the chapter? ( I’m playing on 1.9 patch).
I’m looking forward a quick answer and till then, i wish you all a good day/night :^)

Hi
This was an issue with 1.9 for the first few hours it was up for. It’s an easy fix now, just redownload the 1.9 patch and you’ll be able to continue after a suspend and resume since it will update the tile to being a walkable stairs tile. Just rename the newly patched rom to the old one and your saves will transfer over.

Ohhh, i see
I’ll do that , many thanks :^)

1 Like

Hey all, had a lot of time on my hands as of recent so I was able to pump out an update in a moderately low amount of time. New support this time with Luna and Tobias, quite the important one too in terms of connections to the sequel!

Fixed a few bugs including the quite infamous AP bugs with map sprites.

The main draw however, is part one’s refined and expanded script. Upon closer inspection I highly underestimated the contrast between part 1 and 2’s writing quality so I spruced it up a bit. I hope you all enjoy Host of the Dark 2.0!

6 Likes

Well, this is a very good reason to replay it, to fully enjoy its potential qualities, now finally fully developed, I hope. :wink:

Is there going to be a sequel? Fuck it, I can’t wait anymore. I’m going to play it now. Is there a list of finished supports anywhere, like they did Lonely Mirror?

Yes it’s in the op

1 Like

I’m confused about the supports. In the “weapons and support level” screen, support levels do not appear. I have a C support between Sal and Fidem and it doesn’t appear in that screen. Are the support benefits in effect? How am I supposed to keep track of them? What’s the support limit when I cannot even see them? Is it 5 like in most games? Is it infinite but can only have an A support with one character?

I can see the confusion and I apologize for the trouble, supports do have their normal effects and are not capped (even if the support screen says otherwise)

You can’t see support level due to a glitch with the version of weapon rank patch I had installed early in the projects life. You can see support level in the support screen in battle preps.

1 Like

I see, thank you. But what do you mean “not capped”. Can I have multiple A ranks or only one? I’m guessing it’s only one in order to not mess up the paired endings.

For right now there’s an unlimited amount of A ranks as no endings conflict with each other right now. This may change in the future but thats how it works in this current version.

1 Like

He’s going to die, isn’t he?