[FE8] [Complete] Fire Emblem: Vision Quest (v3 by Pushwall - 1-Oct-22)

Soooooo I decided to stream the first few chapters in hard mode ironman to celebrate the first complete release!

Suffering was had. :sweat_smile:

Also, stick around for the bits at the beginning and end to hear a sample of some of the custom music made for the project!

(I don’t plan to link all of my VQ streams here in the future, but a lot of the VQ dev team was in chat talking development, and today is kind of a special occasion.

5 Likes

Even though I’ve been working on this for 2+ years, I can’t set up text boxes properly. Updated the patch on dropbox again. Thankfully, nothing found is gamebreaking, but will continue to update with fixes as I can. Appreciate the fast feedback!

3 Likes

Definitely on my review list.

6 Likes

Congrats on the release Pandan! What an achievement it is to finish a hack, and to finish one of this scope is amazing. Really looking forward to playing it!

5 Likes

What a sight to wake up to. I’ve been so hyped for this. I did miss the announcement by a few hours (curse you, timezones!), but on the bright side, I arrived just in time to catch the hotfixes (thank you, timezones!).

Anyway, my highest regards for managing to finish a hack of this size and scope. This is quite the impressive accomplishment. I didn’t expect you to be done so soon, either! The demo was already a strong contender for one of my favorite FE hacks, so you can imagine how happy I am to see this.

I’ll be back with some feedback later down the line. Expect bible-sized posts.

Thanks for all the hard work. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I cannot wait to get Titus again.

EDIT: So I’ve just downloaded the game, and I found this gem in the sound room.

This made my day. Thank you so much.

6 Likes

Holy heck, this thing is finished?! It’s… it’s enormous! If I don’t give this a shot, won’t I be a chump?

7 Likes

Congrats bro

2 Likes

I love how you release the full version after your reply.
Thank you for this hack. I am enjoying it already!
:smiley:

2 Likes

I used to kill the boss in chapter one in prior versions I wonder if it’s doable in lunatic

2 Likes

Well, what a surprise this is to my morning! I am going to be eagerly awaiting the end of the work day to come home and delve straight into this. I enjoyed the previous version and I have no doubt this release will blow it out of the water. Thank you so much for putting all the work you did into this creation. I’ll be sure to give you my input once I am done my play through.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Wow, congrats!
Time to play this.

2 Likes

Yo, welcome to the finished hack club! I’m impressed that you put this together in just 2 years.

11 Likes

I’ve drained all of my likes - thank you everyone! Looking forward to the feedback. I’m going to create a survey as well that I’ll post here in the coming days - will be curious to hear about favorite characters, chapters, areas of opportunity, etc. - of course, posting it all here is welcome, too.

10 Likes

marlen

2 Likes

When people make complaints about Marlen:

(ty Laurent for good screen)

11 Likes

Marlen is cool but I prefer Dark Marlen myself

4 Likes

Crazy scenes. A full hack release on my b-day which was yesterday is awesome :slight_smile:

Is there a guide for getting the gaiden chapters?

Can’t wait to try this out

2 Likes

Happy birthday!

The gaiden requirements all require specific units to be alive at diff points in the game, with the exception of one of them.

Click below for more:

Gaiden Requirements

1-7x - Gunnar alive
1-7xx - Gunnar alive
2-1x - Honeydew alive
2-3x - Visit the village
2-5x - Duck and Mango alive
4-1x - Kir alive
4-3x - Lajos and Onderdonk alive

5 Likes

Pfeh, you made it this far, kid. Think you can you handle the weight of bug fixing?

Grats, hack good.

12 Likes