[FE8] [COMPLETE] Fire Emblem: Journeys (v2.2, 20 chapters)

Yeah it’s the same guy, the requirement for unlocking the gaiden is actually visiting that house.

1 Like

I sleep on Andre.

2 Likes

So uh, irl stuff got in the way of me working, and now development is paused, but there is a new battle frame courtesy of Zmr, and it is awesome. Hopefully soon I’ll get back to working on what little there is left and release the patch.
JourneysGraphicsAlsoMinecraftIsNew.emulator-0

7 Likes

Coming back after it’s been a while since I played this hack, the gameplay and map design was amazing, every-time I sat down to record I had so much fun with the gameplay in this game.

1 Like

Glad to hear! Hopefully the 2.0 release comes soon, I’ve been busy with irl stuff lately. Once summer hits I should be able to add the stuff I have been meaning to and complete the hack!

7 Likes

Decided to finish up what I wanted to do. It’s not implemented terribly well, and a lot of the hack is still very janky, but truth be told, I don’t really have the energy to fix a lot of my poor eventing from over a year ago. I’m still going to go back if there’s gameplay feedback given, but other than that, the hack will most likely not be touched too much unless someone else volunteers to go into the rom themselves and do things. Supports are unfinished, as I vastly overestimated the amount of writing it’d take to do them. It’s unfortunate, but I believe a majority of them are actually in the game, with a good amount of chains completed. I really like Journeys, but I think my time to work on it has come to a close for the most part, and I’m sorry if this disappoints anyone.

But yeah, this marks the v2.0 complete release of Journeys, and sorry it took so long. Let me know of any remaining bugs I’ve gotta squash.
Bunch of stuff got added, but it’s too much to say here. I’d wager the update posts address most of it. The main thing is that the hack has been extended to be 20 chapters long instead of 18.

Have fun and look out for whatever I’ll be doing next!

16 Likes

Congrats on getting out the updated release. Know how hard it can be to go back and fix old stuff, especially when you have new ideas.

Looking forward to seeing what’s next.

4 Likes

holy shit is it time for relic shack 5

7 Likes

@Relic

Thank you for this hack, story felt like a longish side quest to me instead of a main story BUT the gameplay was amazing,very technical and hard except the last final map though wich was extremely easy wtf?
Reminded me of The Eligor’s Spear gameplay wich i really liked.

Gonna play the gaiden now.

Small update that nerfs enemies in ch16 and mostly removes displayed crits in lategame as I wasn’t aware this was an issue. If they still persist let me know.

3 Likes

My first, greatest, and final contribution to society: uncovering the secret of the phantom crit rates :sunglasses: Game was lots of fun even with a couple unlucky die rolls in the late game. Excited to see what’s next!

5 Likes

Journeys2.0
after beat the final boss ,seen end scene and “credits”
and it just went back but the boss with the throne disapeared…

Uploaded a new patch that fixes a lot of little issues throughout the game, which should result in a more polished and enjoyable experience. Link is in the OP.

4 Likes

Hey Relic, so I downloaded the link, and it says it’s only 2.0 instead of 2.2 like it says in the title of the page.

Is the title incorrect and the latest version of the game is 2.0 or is the link not updated to the 2.2 version yet?

Cheers<3

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion, that’s the right patch jsut with the wrong name, you’re good!

I want to play this game, but I’ll wait until all the support conversations are finished.

I don’t think relic plans to finish the supports.

3 Likes

even if relic had plans to finish them, you could probably just play the game and then view any supports you got later lol

You might be right on that one.

epicer is correct, I don’t plan to add any more supports.