[FE8][Complete] Fire Emblem: Genesis - A Prugressian Tale

New update on Gameplay !

Dunno if it was intended, but Kyrt managed to Solo Rahan without me touching the two others, Resulting in the two other bosses living.

Would that have any sort of consequence ? Curious

1 Like

Thatā€™s actually impressive, good work!

1 Like

Thank you, Genocidal tendencies of leaving no ennemy standing in your path. Very cool.

E-1 Chapter just reached !

Given the Dialogue tho, seems like I messed up somewhereā€¦ Have i gotten too many deaths ? Could this have been avoided ?

Second time seeing the sprite of Poor Kyrt crying, and I feel terrible now

EDIT :

Spoiler

Aaaaaaannnnndddd it seems Leviathan might have fallen on the evil side, on poor Leandros

@Liemile Had you beaten E-1 yet?

1 Like

Just did ! It ended a bit earlier than i had thought, but other than that, ey !

1 Like

Did you run into any problems?

None I can think of, why ?

Because I have been having issues on my end both times I beat it.

Alright, Iā€™m doing a patch update because people are having some issues. Oh, and we, like, did some portrait stuff too. The mediafire link has been updated with the new .ups with all the fixes, listed below:

Summary

Bugfixes:
-Fixed an issue where players may experience an infinite loop of unworthiness
-Fixed an issue where a shaman spawned with a rapier instead of her intended weapon
-Fixed an issue where enemy soldiers were blasting their battle music too loudly
-Fixed an issue where a certain unit was being stingy and not feeling the Christmas spirit
-Fixed an issue where castle security was a little TOO good
-Fixed an issue where healers were busy pumping iron rather than studying magic
-Fixed an issue that fixed that damn DOOR

Content fixes:
-Added a new recruitment conversation for a character in Chapter 3.
-Fixed an issue where unemployed assassins didnā€™t get a happy ending
-Fixed an issue where two mages missed their salon visit beforehand
-Gave several units a little more time to get ready before going live
-Fixed an issue where the writer doesnā€™t know how to spell
-Forced a certain thief to stop wearing revealing (and misleading) clothing

If any new issues show up, letā€™s talk about it. How it made you feel. Etc.

6 Likes

Damn, I feel bad for killing Bill, well done that was an excellent chapter WILLIE

5 Likes

Our (hopefully) final build of Genesis has finally been released! The download link is now available, and it will be the same name as the old file so it doesnā€™t mess with your saves. Hereā€™s the full changelog for our final, [Complete] release!

Summary

-Added a talk conversation between the thief and a certain bandit leader.
-Added extra dialogue in the prologue after recruiting the thief.
-Made a certain enemy General slightly friendlier
-Finally found the names of those dang songs in the sound room
-Added extra dialogue when attempting to recruit certain units
-Finally got a certain thief some therapy so she doesnā€™t feel the need to smile to hide her pain
-Fixed an issue where being too good at the game results in you losing out on stuff
-Tweaked a battle conversation or two with a certain egotistical man with a sword
-Fixed an issue where certain enemy units were able to recruit player units
-Removed the phantom thief

7 Likes

That summary makes me feel like i actually messed up, since all the recruits I got were the auto-recruits. Well, 90% of them.

Welp, time to finish the game all over again

@Melledoneus

Thank you for this hack, had fun with it!

• Story was pretty good with likeable small group of characters wich i love instead of the huge cast most hacks do, i wish the story was longer though!!!
    The story felt like a small side story in the middle of a main story but very well told for 10 chapters!

• Gameplay was on the easy side, only had 1 gameover cuz i got cocky and got bushwhacked by long range tomes hehehehe.
    Really would love a Hard mode for this!!
    I didnt like that the Healer got boosted exp from healing wich i loved btw (wish more hacks would do this to make healers vialable at low level) BUT the Dancer didnt get boosted exp from dancing.
    Btw also loved the boosted exp in general, my units were lving like crazy!

• Missions were pretty varied with a LOT going on from all sides, many objectives and spawns pressing tactical play wich i really liked!

• Fav music: The Black Knight!

• Fav char: Leviathan!

Looking forward to ur next hack!

3 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it!

Were you able to find all of the Treasure Sense Tingles?

not all but some where pretty obvious, also is there a promotion seal for the myrmidon cuz i coundt find 1, hes the only 1 i didnt promote cuz of no seals

Some units can promote and some canā€™t. Check their status page, it should tell you whether they can promote and what that promotion would be.

1 Like

i know, i was talking about Medahlia (Wanderer->Wayfarer) but i never got Promo seal for this class, i think a better way to promote them all would be to give master seals rewards instead of the regular ones.

I still have 2 guiding rings wich i never used but still 1 unpromoted unit wich i could have promoted with a master seal.

Just a suggestion

I will take that idea into consideration.

However, I know I have been careful enough to provide enough promotion items so that all your units can be promoted, and then some. Be sure to utilize your units (especially your thief!) and look in the obvious places too (chests, enemy inventories, etc).

1 Like

Tired of resetting the download link, so Iā€™ll just post a 5.1 with a new content addition. See if you can find it!

EDIT: Stealth update! Grab it while you can!

Question: has anybody found all the ā€˜idealā€™ endings yet?

6 Likes