FE6 Hack Bug: "Attack" Causes Unit to Wait

Hey everyone,

I’m working on a hack for my own FE6 playthrough, and it’s been going pretty well so far, but I’ve just run into an issue that I have no clue how to fix and I was hoping someone could help me out. Basically, when “Attack” is selected, it works fine, up until when the battle forecast is shown and pressing A one more time would initiate combat. At that point, pressing A causes the character to wait rather than actually attack.

Does anyone have any idea would could be causing this? I’m honestly clueless here. Any help is appreciated.

What is it you’ve done exactly?

The only things that aren’t just stat or text edits are a couple of new classes (replaced the unused femCav and femPal classes with Assassin and Halberdier as promotions for Thief and Soldier), some new animations, palette edits, changes to which classes can promote by Knight or Hero Crest, and I should mention I’m using Tequila’s Droppable Items patch found in this post. The majority of changes were made with FEBuilder.

If there are backups that FEBuilderGBA automatically gets,
Using the Difference Debug Tool supported by the latest version, identify the version that causes a bug from backup.
Just try to find out what is different between the version that works and the version that does not work properly.

1 Like

Thanks for this. I wasn’t aware of the Difference Debug Tool. I haven’t quite figured out what went wrong, but I was at least able to go back to a working version without losing much progress.

Did you successfully fix it?

If you remember the address you modified, it would be great if you could write it.
The reason may be inferable from the address.

The good thing about this tool is that we can fix it without understanding the reason. :slight_smile: