[FE16] Three Houses tools

For the first problem: This was fixed with a recent commit. Just clone from the master branch until the next release is available (It will probably be available tomorrow). For the second problem: As far as I am aware it is not possible to use update data with LayeredFS (Correct me if I am wrong). It seems like you can use hactool to join NCAs though: https://gbatemp.net/threads/manually-updating-romfs-bin-for-backups.509834/

@Nick2d2 I mentioned LayeredFS. This method basically tells the switch to load contents from another location. By keeping a modified clone of game data on your SD-Card you can redirect to the modified data and therefore load romhacks.

1 Like

Cheers for the reply! Damn. I was hoping I was misremembering that, Iā€™ve got a supernag for the update, canā€™t load the game without redownloading it. Considering it has its own title key, I wonder if you could get the data.bin file from there and patch thatā€¦? Hereā€™s to hoping thatā€™ll work I supposeā€¦

can you please also put in a enemy editor, ideal per chapter, so we can get a basic rom hack tool available?

(enemy lv, stats, gear, skills, player growths, ect).

iā€™m kind of rippin to make a 3 houses rom hack right now.

Manage to get data1.bin extract and edit but if i want to use them i have to put romfs folder with data1.bin inside atmosphere/title right ?

So that mean only exfat would work? since data1.bin alone are more then 4gb

Oh shit, i never thought of that.
you could use goldleaf to use transfer JUST data1.bin, and use checkpoint to backup all your saves in case something goes wrong and you need to reinstall.

it should work, i think?

Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m doing this properly or not - but has anyone managed to get crests/spells working? I think growths are, but canā€™t be sure. I donā€™t have the updates, or the DLC and Iā€™ve got my edited data1.bin in atmosphere/titles/titleid/romfs, after a lot of trial and error. But spells are still the originals, no new crests are showing up, and any immediate class & stat edits, like Byleth to merc, or mag up to 13 arenā€™t showing up either. Anything would be helpful at this point.

@HeartHero any news on editing enemies / chapters / ect?

1 Like

Love this, I will make use of it

Can anyone point me to a good guide on how to extract these files? I canā€™t wait for the class editor.

1 Like

Hello,

Nxdumptool from DarkMatterCore.

Google it and use it.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Excellent recommendation, worked great.

Now that Iā€™m in here, is there a way to allow a class to use magic? Iā€™d like to allow my falcon knights to cast but Iā€™m not seeing it as an option.

2 Likes

Not yet I guess, and I believe there is no animations in the game to make it work anyway :confused:

Also the class skill editing seems to be unusable.

Like the skills assigned to a class, they are not possible to edit yet.

1 Like

Question, how do you open the editor? I downloaded the zip file from Github but even the readme canā€™t be opened. Did I do something wrong?

2 Likes

Iā€™m new here and this may be a dumb question; but, where is the download button?
I went on the GitHub page, and I do not see an .exe file.

Iā€™m also wondering how to get the toolkit to run. Not sure of any of the file types really. Also will this toolkit work for 1.0 version of 3H? Donā€™t have a 1.20 on hand and would still like to mess around with the toolkit.

New to modding Three Houses. How can I use this program? What file should I open?

Make sure you download from the releases in the github, itā€™s on the right side under the about section.
If you still donā€™t see it, which you likely do, unless itā€™s different for you: Feel free to click ā€œMore Infoā€

More Info

It says releases in green on the right with a green tag on the left.
(or if itā€™s pre-release, which isnā€™t important for this, itā€™s yellow/orange)

NOW THAT Iā€™M LEVEL 1 (Technically 2 but shh) GUESS WHO CAN POST LINKS, THIS GUY!
Anyway hereā€™s that image I was talking about, went through like three iterations but this is the original.

Hope that helps!

The .exe is pre-compiled there. Thought Iā€™d help out as I saw the same message like three times, so I hope that helps for anyone else coming along or anyone returning. Have a good rest of your day.

Thanks for the great tool. Any info on how to edit class skills? It keeps throwing an ā€œUnhandled Exceptionā€