FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Alright. Thanks.

1 Like

UPDATE
https://ux.getuploader.com/FE4/download/385

1 Like

It corresponds to the editing of the place where ShiftJIS is written directly in ROM such as Japanese menu, topography etc.

I will explain how to change the menu string in the latest version.
As I guess from the background, I think that it is FE 7 's “天地の剣” hackrom, so I will explain using by “天地の剣”.

Step1
Please apply the DrawSingleByte patch.
It is unnecessary in the case of only the menu, but I think that Anti-Haffman, which will be necessary in case of changing the dialogue, will apply as well.

Step2
Please select the menu you want to change.
This time we will target the menu of “攻撃”.
Please click on the part surrounded by the red frame.

Step3
The change dialog will be displayed, so please change it to whatever value you like.
Here we change “攻撃” to attack.

Step4
After changing, please push the write button and write the result.

Step5
Please change another attack menu as well.

Step6
Finally, to retrieve the single-byte font required to display the string “Attack”
Enter the ROM translation tool, specify the ROM of the FE7U and take out the font.

Step7
Please start the emulator with F5 key and check the operation.

1 Like

I love you for this! It makes my life so much easier, no need to edit a text id then repoint the string pointer to the location of the text id anymore. I have a question, I thought i had found the text ids for the stats in the stat screen, however, after editing them, it doesnt seem to work.

Is it because it directly points to the string too?

1 Like

The character string on the status screen of FE7 may also have a direct value written in ROM.
Although FE8 seems to refer to the character string ID.
FE7 may be different.

I found a Shift-JIS character string in ROM. (Address:0x41CD70)
I have to investigate these and make a change screen.
It takes a bit of time.

1 Like

str pointer at 80DF8(8C CD 41 08)
Trying to find the other strings, not having much success.

1 Like

After a bit of messing around, I got it working.

The uncapitalized strings were already in the rom, and whaat followed them was the japanese strings, that i edited to be english.

1 Like

UPDATE
https://ux.getuploader.com/FE4/download/386

Updated the text of the status screen of FE 6, FE 7 so that it can be changed as “other text”.

1 Like

What do you mean by this, exactly?

1 Like

This is a great program! But I think I found a glitch
So I put the Roy lord animation in fe8 over ephraim lord and it works perfectly
except when doubling happens what happens is
Roy lord >attack
Enemy >attack
Roy lord >stands there
I don’t know if this is a gitch or I did somehing wrong
Thanks for this tool tho it’s Really good!

1 Like

The items on the status screen of FE 6 J and FE 7 J are written directly in Shift-JIS in ROM, so it means that we created a screen corresponding to it.

The character string “LV” or “魔力” on the state screen of FE6J, FE7J is not in the character string table, but it is embedded directly in the ROM.
Likewise, menu, terrain, embedded in the sound room of FE7 with direct price.

The menu, the terrain, and the sound room corresponded to the last time, but since correspondence of the character string which makes up the status screen was still, it corresponded this time.

1 Like

I had a hard time advancing the game up to Ephraim Road, so I tested it with Eirik of the prologue.
I tried putting Roy’s animation in Eirik, but it seems no problem.

What is the “doubling happens” state?
Please tell me more in detail

2 Likes

Ok I’ll do it when I can again
Will edit the comment
Huh weird now it’s working
oh wat no

He just stands there
This may be just a problem I’ll try to insert it again

1 Like

Can insert nergal dark aura to FE8 Custom Animation ?

1 Like

I can not respond right now.
We are implementing rotation, but we have not yet implemented expansion and contraction.
(There is also inversion due to expansion and contraction of negative values, so impossible to immediate implementation)

FEBuilderGBA creates all affine transformations on its own to maintain 16 colors.
Therefore, it is a difficult point.

1 Like

I tried the game up to Ehram, but I did not reproduce it.
Can I get reproducible UPS patches and SAVE data?
SAVE data can be obtained as * .SAV in File -> Export -> BattlyFile of VBA.

1 Like

Hey 7743,
Your work on the manuals has been really helpful. I was wondering if you could eventually cover the following questions I have. No rush if you’re busy. These are just some things I’ve had trouble working out.

1. What is the correct way to create a new class/ new animation without overwriting an existing one? I’ve tried to do so but importing a new animation to the new class overwrites an existing animation. I think it’s because the new class shares the same hex address with another class in the animation pointer window. In this instances it’s the Lord.

2. How do you change which units can seize the thrones? Ticking the ‘Can Seize’ check boxes under the class/ character tabs doesn’t do anything. Is this something that must be addressed through the events?

1 Like
  1. What is the correct way to create a new class/ new animation without overwriting an existing one?

Is not it because you have not changed the battle animation pointer?

When newly added, the newly increased part will be filled with the data of the first character.
This is because if you set it to null, you do not know the end of the data.
Therefore, we use the first data as appropriate data.

At this time, the value of the pointer remains as it is.
You need to change that pointer.

You need to reserve an appropriate area in the appropriate free space (usually the end of the file) and write the address there.

For the part where well-extended events and so on are done, the tool supports allocation of new areas, but class extension does not.
(Class extensions are rarely done)

As of now, if you extend the class, you will need to allocate and assign a new battle animation area yourself.

However, as this is quite troublesome, in the next version, it might make a support tool that makes setting a bit easier …

1. How do you change which units can seize the thrones? Ticking the ‘Can Seize’ check boxes under the class/ character tabs doesn’t do anything. Is this something that must be addressed through the events?

It seems that the controllable class is decided by the source code.
It seems that this flag was meaningful in the old FE, but it seems to be meaningless in FE 8.
Like a transporter flag, it may be a remnant of the past.

I tried a little analysis.

There is an asm function in the effect pointer of the menu,
Since it is an asm function, the function with the displayed value -1 is executed,
When r0 == 1 is returned, the menu is enabled.

The function of seize is as follows
FE8U 08022FDC
FE8J 08022fa4

It seems to be seeing whether it is a unit that is there being a hero judge with subroutine called from among these.

Main character judgment function
FE8U 08037B64
FE8J 08037bfc

Finally, it is compared with the following cmp.
r0 == unit ID of the operation character
r2 == Unit ID that can be seize
FE8J 08037c36 4290 cmp r0, r2
FE8U 08037B9E 9042 CMP r0 ,r2

The place where 0x01, 0x0F is assigned to r2 should change.

If only one character can be suppressed, I think that by changing this parameter substituted in r2 in this routine.
In the case of multiple cases, you have to write asm.

· · · It is troublesome in various ways, so I think that it is better not to change it.
I think it is comfortable to reuse units 0x01 and 0x0F.

2 Likes

Here

1 Like

Please don’t post ROMs to the forum.

1 Like